Chapter 30- Odd feelings

❝𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝘀𝗮𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁, '𝗢𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲. 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂.'

' ❞

. . .

{POV‐ Achlyes}

Love?

Why would Illiana...ever wonder on that strange topic?

Was she in love? With who?

I wonder if it could be...

...me?

No. Why would she like me...She's amazing, unlike me!

Besides...being with a girl, while being a girl...it's...it's wrong!

Why am I even thinking about this?! It's not like I like her.

I cannot like a girl while being a girl.

These feelings aren't real, they're just intrusive thoughts that you can't control.

"Well, uh, um, it feels like uh, a really bad stomach ache, and uh, your face feels really warm, and um, there's this really...weird feeling in your stomach...uh, your heart feels like, uh, really sick and heavy and it beats a lot...and uh...you can't get them out of your mind...and um..."

I unconsciously move my hands in odd motions, trying to explain what this feeling supposedly is.

Ah...I must look like a fool.

. . .

{POV‐ Narrator}

Achlyes looked like a fool.

'A cute fool‒ wait, what.'

Illiana ignored her intrusive thoughts, and worriedly looked at Achlyes at the nonsense the woman was muttering.
The feeling Achlyes described sounds like how Anillia's past body felt with that terrible sickness, but what she described was like, a hundred percent less painful.

Did love really feel like that? It sounded like hell.

"Achlyes...are you sure this is how love feels as? It sounds like a sickness of some sort..."

"I suppose love really is a sickness, a sickness I wouldn't want to get rid of, Illiana." Snapping out of her flustered state, Achlyes smiled softly at Illiana.

Confusion filled Illiana, and she drowned in thoughts...A sickness you wouldn't want to get rid of? What strange unrealistic cliché fairy-tale is that?

It doesn't matter how advantageous a sickness might be, you will want to get rid of it. It will overwhelm your body, it feels as if the devil themselves was dancing on your skin, messing with your head.