Chapter 39- Blood

❝𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝘁. 𝗜 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱, 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗮𝗶𝗿.❞

. . .

{POV‐ Narrator}

"Please kill me, Lady Illiana. And truly free me, this time."

Illiana walked backwards, truly hoping her mind was playing tricks on her.

...

Her mind wasn't playing tricks on her.

Blood tainted her hands.

BloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodB̶̛̤͖͈͛́̒̈̔̄́̚Ḻ̴̓͝Ǫ̷͉̥͕̥̓Ő̶̧̟̙̜͙̥͆D̵̺̯͕̊͊!

Another murder. Another murder. Another murder. Another murder. She murdered an innocent person with her own hands. Again.

ITSNOTHERFAUL! TTHEYWANTEDIT! Ǐ̸̡T̴̞̪͍̜̗̊̋̔̓͝Ŝ̴̲̍̓͘N̶̨͚̹̠͎̘̩̐̆̓́̕͜O̷̠̥͕̞͖̥̳͒͂̌͆͌̔͛̓̚͜͜T̴̢̡̹̱͎̗͙̗͈̑̄͊̍͊̆́̍ͅH̴̤͇̭̥̹͓̑̀̄̈̂̽͝Ḛ̵̣͕̗͓͚̤̗̭̓͜R̴̩̳̪̝̻̠̰̞̎̎̄F̴̧̗̹̰̔̍̈́̆͌͜͜ͅA̶̢̨̼̤̎̄͋̏͝Ṳ̴̢̳̤̔̀̇̾̇͐̂̋͝L̵͎̬̜̜̻̃̆̆̊̀͒T̴͕͍̍̀̽͐̓!

"...T‒thank you...for fulfilling my wish."

Illiana's head snap to the barely conscious body at the words.

Her legs shake violently. Sobs stuck to her throat, refusing to leave, violent chokes escape.

Dropping to her knees, Illiana's hand shakily linger on the assassin's still conscious body, her brain overloaded and lagged on what to do, and her hands stayed away from the bloodied scene that she caused.

SHECAUSEDTHIS!

"OhGod, w‐what was I thinking? I'mamurderer,amurderer,amurderer! A monster, I killed an i‐innocent person, I killed! I killed, I killed, I killed agai‒"

"I‐i think...my m‐master is going to be mad...that he l‐lost his tool." The mask of the assassin long broke off, their blooded face revealed, blood dripping continuously from their mouth.

They look her age.

Maybe younger.

Illiana choked on her tears. She cried even more, the blood dancing around her and the assassin she held in her arms like puddles on a rainy day as she wept silent tears.

This was so silly. So, so silly.

She was crying over a stranger.

A stranger whose name she didn't even know.
A stranger whose gender she didn't know.
A stranger who tried to kill her.