Chapter 15- Rin...

❝𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁.❞

. . .

{POV‐Illiana}

I awkwardly move under Derrin's gaze. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried, I mean, he's been staring at me for quite some time.

His eyebrows cornered together and moved slightly, and his red iris seemed widen and the slightest bit shaking, though they found their way around and did not meet the face of my eyes, avoiding my eyes like a flue.

I turn my gaze towards his hands that were glued to his sides, they were twisted into a fist and were shaking, as if bottled frustration.

"Derrin...? Is there perhaps somethi—?" I was cut off by two hands wrapped around my frame...

I could feel my eyes widen, what...was happening?

I brush that thought off, and run my hand soothingly on his back, I have yet to know why he was acting like this, but if he's trusting me enough to be vulnerable in front of me, I wasn't going to question it.

Sometimes, we all need a hand to hold, a shoulder to lean on, a moment of weakness.

The tiny marron haired child smiled,

And smiled, 

...And smiled,

...and s‐\smiled.

"I'm sorry, Illiana..." Words muttered into her shoulder as Derrin buried his head in her neck. She forgave him.

Illiana had no idea why he was apologizing. But she forgave him. That's just how it is. That's how it's always been.

"...Derrin? Is there perhaps something on your mind," Illiana pauses, narrowing her eyes on Derrin, "I don't quite get what you are apologizing for?" I whisper softly, soothing his hair with my hand and watch as his grip on me loosen the slightest bit.

"I... heard what happened this morning..."

...

...haha...haha

...Haha, Haha...

...HAHAHAH ACHLYES, MY DEAR FRIEND, HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME!? ZANDE, YOU MAN WHORE, HOW COULD YOU!? SNITCHES GO TO DIT—

Hey, Narrator cut out here, I just wanted to skip Illiana swearing the entire world and planning world domin—COUGH, lets move onto Derrin's pov cause its sadder and more wholesome, because Author has just been emo these few da– *slapped by Author*