Chapter 36- Teasing

❝𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻, 𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗴𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗽𝗵𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻.❞

. . .

{POV‐ Narrator}

"How much do you know about the forest?" Achlyes asked while turning her head towards Illiana, who was warming her hands with a small fire that floated above her hands.

"Eh? Ah, um, I know that the animals in the forest only show themselves at night unless extreme circumstances, and I also advise ourselves to not go near the centre of the forest, since the Guardian tree is there and all." Illiana blew away the little fire with a blow from her lips,

She swiftly turned her head around, making sure no one was there before turning her head back to Achlyes, leaning in to whisper,

"...the animals here won't bother you as long as you don't try to harm or take stuff from the forest in any way." Illiana put her finger on her lips playfully, and let out a 'shh' sound, motioning her hands in a zipping her mouth gesture, "but don't tell anyone this! It's a secret between us and the forest."

Illiana smiled as Achlyes nodded, not questioning how the maroon haired lady knew that information even though there wasn't much information on the forest.

"That's a problem...will the forest allow us to take food from it? If it doesn't...that'll really be a problem." Achlyes worriedly said her thoughts out loud, placing her hand on her waist.

"Don't worry about that for now, Achlyes. For now, we just have to find a place to hide, maybe a cave of something." Achlyes agreed with the shorter lady's words, her eyes on the darkening sky.

. . .

"This cave in fine for now, but it won't be long until someone else finds it."

Illiana hummed disappointedly in agreement at the words of her companion, "You're right, but this should be enough for the night!" She remained positive with a smile, unlike Achlyes who was staring at her with a deadpan.

"Yay...."

Illiana sweatdropped at the lack of enthusiasm with an awkward smile, "How about I guard watch for half of the night, and you the other half of the night, so we both get some rest?"

Achlyes thought about it for a second before sighing and tiredly smiling, "I guess we can follow that pattern, but please do wake me up if you are in need."

Achlyes walked towards Illiana and softly caressed her hair, tucking a strand of loose hair behind Illiana's ear before just walking away with soft footsteps.

As she stood stiffly, the maroon haired lady opened her lips, before shutting it, ultimately stunned into silence.

Silently, she moved away near the outside of the cave that they were in with quiet steps.