Chapter 31- Beloved.

❝𝗕𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗜 𝗺𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗜 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻.❞

. . .

{POV‐ Narrator}

Going to the library to search for her odd feelings, Achlyes did not want or expect to meet her brother, Axel...again.

Seriously? AXEL BLOODKNIGHT, IN A LIBRARY? It sounded impossible to Achlyes if it wasn't for the fact that she saw him herself.

Achlyes reached towards the library exit, she didn't want to talk to her annoying brothe—

"Achlyes?" Ugh.

Achlyes turned her head around slightly, before turning her entire body around to see Axel getting up from her seat, "...Greetings. Please do not call me in such informal way."

Axel slightly flattened, before fake coughing in his hands with an excited smile, "Would you like to read with me, Achlyes?" He requested while his hand directed towards a chair near his seat, ignoring Achlyes's words.

Achlyes...was dumbfounded.

Axel, that idiot, reading? She narrowed her eyes at the paper Axel previously was 'reading'.

Doodles. Doodles was all that she saw.

...That was one of her favourite books.

Ignoring the anger Achlyes felt from her favourite book being destroyed, the doodles almost reminded her of Illiana. T̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶l̶l̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶

Illiana always doodled on random papers when she was bored in Mr. No‐name's math class.

It was cute—

Achlyes dazed out of her thoughts, and clenched her fist in exasperation. 'No. No. Don't think like that.'

"...I suppose I can spare some time." To Axel's absolute delight, Achlyes agreed somehow for some reason.

. . .

As Achlyes read her book with her eyes flying through the words, Axel stared at her like a hawk while fiddling with a pen in his hand.

"It's a pity that Alvis couldn't join us," Axel broke the silent with a sigh, his eyes still fixated on the fiddling pen in his hand. Achlyes paused her reading, slightly turning her head towards him while raising her eyebrow.