25

a/n: some of the events in this don't match up with the actual films btw.

I woke up in a tangle of sheets, the flickering light from torches softly illuminating the hut. I sat up, rubbing my head as moments from the night came flooding back.

I slowly looked over, hoping it wouldn't be true, hoping it was all a dream. My heart sank as I saw Anakins naked form next to me, his toned chest slowly rising and falling in his sleep. The lower half of his body was covered by the sheets, and I could feel our legs tangled together.

Shit.

I carefully climbed out of the bed, making sure not to disturb him. I scrambled on the floor for my clothes, which were scattered over the room, and quickly pulled them on, before sneaking out into the early morning light, leaving him peacefully sleeping.

The red sands of Geonosis swept as far as the eye could see, with towering piles and deep canyons carved into the ground. I noticed a large, cylindrical structure built high on a cliff; the battle arena.

With the building in sight, I knew where to find Palpatine.

~~~

After taking a speeder to the desolate mounds of wreck and ruin, I entered the large arena, with rows upon rows of seats all surrounding the huge fighting ground. The Emperor had told me he'd be overseeing the testing of some new clones, and had ordered me to inform him of any progress made in our mission.

I knew what I was really here for. I needed advice on what to do next, how to bring Anakin to the Dark Side. I feel as though I can never look him in the eyes again, not after last night.

Suddenly a memory flashed in my mind; panting, his skin brushing against mine, our hips moving together rhythmically.

No.

I couldn't afford to get carried away away in memories like that. I shrugged away the image, frowning at myself.

I made my way up the steps that lead to the spectator box he was in, watching the testing of some troops that appeared to be going on in the arena.

Soon a dark figure emerged, dressed in robes I knew all too well. Palpatine.

"Emperor," I greeted him, us walking towards each other.

"Dark Lady, I expect you're here to tell me you kept him at bay?"

At bay, the memory appeared again of him laying next to me, biting and kissing on my collarbone. Oh. Fuck.

I brought my hand up to adjust my robes so the mark he'd left wasn't visible. "Yes, I kept him distracted." I replied, shaking off the fear that he'd perhaps seen the hickey.

Palpatine sneered, "Good, I knew I could trust you with such an important task." He turned back to watch the troops down below.

"Whats this?" I questioned, looking down at the arena.

"This, is our new Empire," he answered, his arm gesturing to the mass of droids that were fighting down below. "They will help us overrule the Republic. Dark Lady, we are so close to our goal, yet there is a small piece missing in this puzzle. A small, yet significant piece. Skywalker." A cruel smile appeared on his face as he looked at me, " I trust you have that under control, yes?"

He was trusting me with bringing him to the dark side. "Yes, that's a task I am devoting myself to, " I replied.

A thin smile tugged at his lips, "Good, good. You may go now, Dark Lady."

I bowed before I left, although I couldn't help but feel my stomach drop as I realised what I was going back to.

~~~~ Back at the hut

My speeder came to a stop as I arrived at where we were residing.

I pulled back the opening to the hut, and a hot streak of sunlight flood in through the door. It was dark inside. I frowned as I looked closer, stepping in to see the imprint of where he'd lay on the unmade bed. He wasn't there.

Shit, oh shit. He can't have gone far, I was barely gone for long.

I shut my eyes and focused on what I wanted, which was to find him. Breathing slowly, deeply, images began flashing before me.

I was in some sort of chamber, wait... I see someone. A man was stood before me, baring his crimson red lightsabre. Oh fuck.

It was Count Dooku.

I snapped out of my trance and hopped back on my speeder, I knew where he was. He must've been surveilling Palpatine and walked in on something he wasn't meant to see.

For forces sake, why is he like this?

Getting himself killed was the last thing I needed right now. I felt a pang in my chest as I thought about that. I was nervous, my hands clutching onto the handles of the speeder as tight as they could manage, my heartbeat rapidly thumping in my chest.

Stop it, get over yourself. Why should I care if he dies.

But I did, and I wished this stupid speeder would hurry up so I could reach him faster. I was so close and yet every second felt abhorrent as I missed time that could be spent with him.

I had soon arrived at the headquarters of the Pike syndicate, and found my way in fast enough, following the sound of lightsabers clashing together.

"Anakin!" I shouted as I turned the corner to where they were.

I saw him laying limp on the floor, away from where Count Dooku and Yoda were fighting. Yoda? He must've called for backup.

"Y/n," he groaned. That was when I saw it, the ghastly look of his arm, where from the elbow down it had been burnt off. This was no doubt Count Dooku's doing, and anger swelled in me at the thought. Anakin groaned in pain when he tried to move, and I knelt down next to him, resting him on my knees.

I looked up just to see Yoda overpowering Count Dooku, with a swift strike of his saber. Who would've thought the small creature to deal such a heavy blow? Part of me wished I had been the one to finish him off, but Anakin was in dire need of medical attention.

"Here!" I shouted to Yoda, "He needs to be seen, now." Tears stung at my eyes, and I instead plastered a scowl on my face. I then turned to Anakin, "It's ok, you're going to be alright." I was telling myself more than him really. I couldn't afford to lose him.

~~~~

Sat in the hospital waiting for them to finish the operation, I had my head in my hands, and was muttering to myself. Why did he have to be so stupid. He should've stayed at the hut. I should've got there sooner.

The thoughts weren't helping, and I sighed, leaning back in the chair.

The journey back had been pure horror, watching him in helpless pain all the while all I could do was watch. Although Yoda said he was going to the best one he could find, the dingy lighting and slight coppery smell in the air didn't soothe my worries.

That was when I heard a door swing open. "Ma'am, you can go in now," a doctor spoke to me, and I abruptly got out of my seat and made my way to his bedside.

Fuck. What had they done to him. I gasped as I took it in, thin metal in long strands now replaced where his arm used to be, the surface of it shining a faint gold, with a black structure encasing the robotic arm.

Tears threatened to fall down my cheek, but I kept on a strong face. "Looking good," I joked, a smirk pulling at the side of my mouth.

He didn't even smile. Instead, he examined his new hand, flexing it, bringing it up to my face and pulling my chin forward slightly toward him. His deep voice then spoke, "Say I were to..." he paused, gazing into my eyes and bringing me closer to his face, his metal thumb caressing my cheek slightly, "join you, then perhaps this little thing we have would be... Allowed."

He knew.

He knew I was still a Sith.