23

*y/n's pov

I found myself stood in the centre of the Council, awaiting the news they had gathered us for.

"Y/n, we have been told of your strength in training," began Windu. At this, I saw Anakin's eyeline plummet to the floor. So he'd told them of my strength, huh. "And so we believe you meet the standard to take part in a mission."

I took a sharp inhale at this. I could handle training as a Jedi, but actually helping them felt like a betrayal. I looked to Palpatine for support, only to find his circular chair empty. I frowned, confused as to why he'd miss a meeting as important as this.

"Your task is to keep an eye on Senator Palpatine, where he goes, what he does, and most importantly, who he's associating himself with. We highly suspect him to be the Sith." My stomach dropped at this, but I kept my face hardened, not wanting to expose the panic rising in me.

"How sure are we that this is true?" Asked Anakin. The second he opened his mouth, I glared at him, the usual feeling of hate swelling up inside of me.

"We have confidence in you two to find that out," Replied Mace,"He's currently headed off to Geonosis, so thats where you will be going. You will be away only for a few days, contact us if there are any updates. Thank you Knight, Padawan," And we were dismissed.

"Masters," Anakin and I replied one after the other, bowing slightly to them before leaving.

At the door, Anakin stepped aside to let me go through, his eyes avoiding mine, awkwardly. I walked through, confused at his kindness. I was expecting a more petty display after yesterday.

Yesterday. My mind stung at the memory. Those girls at the bar... Padmé.

However, his lack of faith to the Jedi code could be my key to turning him to the Dark Side. Maybe yesterday was a blessing in disguise.

I began walking to the ships, although I couldn't help but sense his eyes on me as we walked, him behind me, not a word spoken.

I could sense his urgency, his steps paced fast as to stay right behind me.

That was when I felt his warm clutch pull me aside to a pillar by my arm. I shook him off, and looked both ways to ensure no one saw that. I saw him doing the same, his jawline flexing as he turned his head. He was so... tall, and i hadn't been this close to him in a few days. I could feel his heat radiating off him, and his robes brushed against me for a second.

I felt myself blushing, and clenched my jaw in anger at that. Meeting his eyes, I saw him doing the same.

"What on Earth did you drag me aside for," I hissed at him.

"Shhh," He hushed me, placing a finger on my lips and looking around again. I looked angrily at his hand, though i didnt remove it. His eyes trailed back to me, his adams apple bobbed as he did so.

Anakin quickly moved his hand off my lips instead, unexpectedly, resting it on the pillar next to my waist, which just moved our bodies closer together.

"Y/n," He began, "There's something I must tell you, and I should've earlier, but I didn't and now I-"

"Anakin!"

Our heads both snapped to the sound, to find Obi-Wan stood on the level above us, his hands resting on the short wall.

Anakin pushed himself away from me, his face turning a bright red as he faced his Master, who had a frown creased into his face.

"Go to your ship, you both have a mission to complete," He said firmly.

At this, Anakin twitched his head in annoyance, his hands balled up in tight fists, before he released them and walked off, glancing at me before he did so.