12

Obi-Wan's pov

What has the boy got himself into this time, I thought, sighing.

I positioned the ship so the entrance was at the balcony railing and opened the doors, promptly making my way to the open entranceway.

"Anakin! Get on!" I shouted over the gust of wind from the ships engine.

He reluctantly put the lightsaber away. I could sense the conflict in him, the hatred he felt towards the man.

The man that was crumpled against the balcony, defenseless against Anakin. Yet I could also see the evil in his eyes, and knew Anakin probably had a good reason to have threatened him.

Something suddenly caught my eye. It was a girl, one I recognised from outside the Jedi Temple only a few days ago.

She was the Sith who's partner had tried and failed to capture me. "Bring her on board Anakin," I said, pointing to the limp woman,"she could be of use."

He nodded, and carried her in his arms, jumping over the railing and onto the ship.

"Don't think you can get away with this Malvo," he hissed at the man who was now stood up, straightening his jacket.

That was Cas Malvo, the ruler of Bespin.

Once the doors has shut I turned to Anakin,"What on Earth were you doing threatening Cas Malvo like that." I said, a disappointed frown on my face.

"I'm sorry Master, things just got out of hand... Who do you think did this to her..." He said, looking down at the girls face before looking at mine, a flash of anger in them.

"Anakin, she's a Sith, they threaten our very existence, " I said,"We're bringing her back as a prisoner."

"Ok Master," My Padawan said, carrying her over to a seat, where he gently placed her down. He paused. "We shall do what we must."

We both sat in the cockpit and began our journey to Coruscant. The ride was silent for the most part, until I spoke up.

"So what exactly were you doing on Bespin?" I asked.

"That girl back there and her partner captured me, then I was brought back to the Imperial Star Destroyer where I was brutally interrogated. When I didn't comply, I was brought here to participate in their sick game." He paused and cleared his throat,"Then... for some reason... she jumped down..." His words trailed off as if he was lost in deep thought. My brow furrowed as I tried to understand.

"I take it you won the... game?" I asked.

"Yes of course, it was more like a fight to the death in an arena." He said, his gaze focused on the hyperspeed in front of us. I could sense his pain from being held captive from when he was younger as a slave, the trauma he must've endured.

"I'm proud of you, Anakin," I said,"Even though I had to come rescue you."

He turned to look at me and said,"Thank you, Master."

His eyes told me he was genuinely grateful and I nodded in understanding.

~~~~

We'd finally landed on Coruscant and were bringing our prisoner to the holding cell. She was awake now and had shackles bound at her wrists in case she tried anything.

Anakin had explained there had been a celebration of the winners taking place, which explained their outfits.

She kept shrugging Anakins grip off of her arm as he tried escorting her to the cell. I knew she was going to be a difficult one.

Once we'd made it to there, we attached her shackles to a table so she couldn't escape and began our questioning.

Her hateful glare didn't falter once, she wasn't showing any signs of cooperation.

Anakin placed his hands on the table and leaned over them,"I'm going to cut straight to it, since we have no reason to get along now. We need to know Palpatines plan, there's no point in helping him, so just tell us straight. We can easily kill you, Sith, so don't presume the lengths we may go to to get answers. Don't be difficult."

"Pfft, what are you gonna do exactly," she said, lifting her head up cockily,"We both know how our last fight went."

Anakins face flashed with anger and he leaned his face close to hers, beads of sweat lining his brow. "You're gonna tell us exactly where he is, and then you're free to rot in this cell for the rest of your life. At least until you have a change of heart."

"So be it, I can do this for eternity baby." She said, before relaxing back in her chair.

The two stared at each other, looks of hatred being passed between.

I knew I had to break it up before Anakin did something he'd regret. I knew his moods could change fast, and that he was determined when he wanted something. And right now, it looked like he wanted to stab her.

"It's OK, Anakin I will handle this," I said, trying to calm him down.

He pushed his arms off the table and walked to the wall of the room where he stood leaning his back on it with his arms crossed, glaring at her.

I then walked over to the girl,"We'll leave you to stew for the night, maybe then you'll be up for answering," I said, before turning and with a wave of our robes me and Anakin were gone, not without the pair sending one last glare at each other.

If looks could kill.

"Anakin, you really should be less rough with her, we're not going to get any answers otherwise," I told him as we walked to our rooms.

I saw his jaw clench, I knew how much he hated being told what to do, especially if it were something he felt strongly on. "I understand Master, I'll meditate on it tonight." He said.

"Good," I sighed before he went walking away,"Oh and Anakin," I said, catching his attention as he turned around, "May the force be with you."

"May the force be with you too, Master," He said, then promptly turned and continued on his way to his room.

I had high hopes for the boy, he was the chosen one after all. Just sometimes I worried about his following of the code. He was talking nonstop about Padmé before this mission, his attachment to her seemed to be unbreakable. Although he seemed distracted today. I didn't want to read his thoughts however, I felt that would be wrong considering how close we are.

I was at my room already, with my mind being preoccupied I hadn't realised.

Once I had entered, I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling, tired from the events of today. I soon drifted into a deep slumber, letting the exhaustion take over.

~~~~
Anakin's pov

I sat up with a jolt, abruptly being woken from my sleep. I'd had a vision, a terrible one at that.

It was about her.