22

*Obi-Wan's pov*

Anakin was pacing the room in an agitated state, his hand held to the back of his head as he did so. I leaned against a desk, stroking my beard in thought as I watched my Padawan in such distress.

"Anakin," I said, trying to get his attention.

I was ignored.

"Anakin," I said again, as he was now muttering to himself as he walked. This boy..

"Anakin!" I finally shouted, causing him to snap out of his trance to face me, his eyes like a deer in headlights.

"You haven't read my mind Obi-Wan... have you?" He said, a hint of desperation in his tone.

"No Anakin, I keep my promises," I replied, sighing,"Just what's bothering you?"

"Oh it really is nothing that concerns you," He said, still pacing.

"Hmm... maybe you can confide in Miss Amidala, I know how close you two are," I suggested.

His face twitched at the mention of her name and he ceased his pacing, instead standing to look out of a wide window leading out to the city.

His feet did an uncomfortable shuffle, before he turned to face me, opening his mouth to speak,"I could. I've been meaning to speak to her anyway about..." He trailed off mid sentence, his brows furrowed. I raised mine at him, beckoning him to continue. "Obi-Wan, I thought you should know, I don't have feelings for Senator Amidala. At least not anymore."

I went back to stroking my beard,"I see. Is there someone new in the picture?" At the mention of this, he immediately went back to his uncomfortable position with his hand behind his head, ruffling his hair.

He replied,"No-"

"Anakin, you know attachments are forbidden!"

"No I don't-"

"You must gain control of your emotions! Otherwise how else do you expect to become a Jedi Master-"

"NO! THERE IS NO ONE ELSE NOW COULD YOU STOP!" He snapped. He stood there panting. He couldn't even look me in the eye.

"Anakin, I'm sorry, I-"

"Just forget it. I'm going to see Padmé." And with that he left.

I should've just read the boys mind. It would've been a huge betrayal of trust, but he worries me sometimes...

~~~~

*Obi-Wan's pov still

"Y/n, there you are!" I'd spotted her lingering near the training room, a puzzled expression on her face.

"Where's Anakin? He's supposed to be my mentor."

"Ah, I'll be taking you training today. Anakin has personal matters to attend to." I said, smiling at the end of my sentence.

"Okay..."

I pushed open the doors leading into the room, and we both entered.

I immediately felt stifling tension pour over me. Whatever had gone on yesterday clearly had lingered about.

"Y/n... do you sense that too?" I said, pausing in my step.

I saw her swallow before she replied, "What? No there's nothing."

"It doesn't take a Jedi to know something happened between you two. Possibly an argument?"

"No, as I've said, it was a normal training session," She seemed agitated.