04

I sat in the cockpit of the Scimitar, the soft hum of the engine droning in my ears as the bright blue belt of hyperspace zoomed in front of us.

My Master was sat in the pilots seat, a determined look on his face. This mission was extremely important to us. Palpatine was relying on us to find two Jedi!

From the Emperors undercover work at the Sith temple, it was to our understanding that the Padawans name was Anakin Skywalker, with his Master being the infamous Obi-Wan Kenobi.

But the Jedi were no match for the Sith, so they were easy targets. Right?

"Do not underestimate them, remember. We must go fully prepared for any circumstance," Gale said, still staring into the blue light.

"Fine. Though I doubt they're as much of a threat as the Emperor is making them out to be, Master," I scoffed.

"Your skills may be adequate, though I've heard stories of the young talented Skywalker," He hissed between his teeth, turning to look at me, "So we must treat them as a high level threat."

"Yes Master," I gave in and turned to face the stars whooshing by.

I doubted he was that powerful. If only Patorr had seen the way he looked at me at the club, seen that I was the one in control.

~~~~

We had just exited the ship and were walking the streets of Coruscant, heading towards the Jedi temple.

After navigating our way through the packed streets, we finally came upon the large temple. It had a seemingly endless number of steps leading up to it. What a waste of effort, I thought.

"You wouldn't be wrong there," I heard an unfamiliar voice say behind me.

I spun around, hiding my Imperial badge as I did so. It took my brain a moment to process who was standing before me. His soft beard along with his white robes made me realise who he was. Obi-Wan Kenobi.

A jolt of pure disgust turned on me as I realised I was facing a Jedi.

"Y/n, go search for Anakin, I'll handle this," whispered Gale. He must've read my thoughts too.

I nodded in understanding and turned away, walking until I reached a Dark alley. I needed to focus. If I were able to contact Skywalker before, then surely I could do it again.

I shut my eyes and concentrated my mind on him. My ears began ringing as I searched. I thought of his braid, his eyes, his robes. An image appeared in my head, slightly muddled but still there; I saw a small transport ship. Another one appeared, slightly clearer this time.

A beautiful girl was looking into my eyes.

I heard the words "Padmé" and a very faint "Naboo" echo in my ears.

But I could sense him still on this planet. I knew it. I could feel that eerie knot in my stomach whenever his irritating presence was near.

I hated him, just as I hated any other Jedi that crossed my path.

I exited the trance, deciding to follow my instincts on his whereabouts.

I took turns when his presence became stronger, making my way through the labyrinth streets of the city.

~~~~

Anakin's pov

We were just about to board the ship, Padmé was looking at me, asking if this was the best decision.

I reassured her as I had many a time before that I would protect her at all costs, because I would.

However, the noises around me became muffled and I felt a twist in my stomach. I turned to face the streets of the city and the twist became sharper. It felt like somebody had stuck a dagger in me, twisting it tortureously.