20

*y/n's pov

We made our way to the training room, a spherical shaped room with large windows and pillars encircling it, exposing the view of the city.

"Master Yoda requested you have this," Anakin said, pulling out a lightsaber from his robes.

My eyes widened at the sight of it. Holding any colour lightsaber that wasn't red felt wrong.

"Wasn't expecting one so soon," I said.

He held it out to me, beckoning me to take it. Our eyes locked for a moment, and looking up at him I saw his adams apple bob in hjs throat. Shit, I felt a hot flush over me. Blinking, I looked away, quickly snatching the saber from his hand and preparing myself for combat.

The sound of him clearing his throat echoed in the room before he spoke,"So, I'll be teaching you the Jedi fighting style. And don't worry if you find it difficult at first," He teased, smirking, "I'm sure you'll be an expert in no time." He winked at me.

'I'm a fast learner," I said, exposing the blade of my lightsaber. Purple light immediately shone in my eyes, and I looked in awe at the colour.

"An equal balance of the dark and light side... I see." He said, exposing his too, revealing the familiar blue lightsaber I'd come to know far too well from the past.

"That was a long time ago y/n..."

I quickly looked up at him, my eyes furrowed. "Stay out of my mind."

"Sorry... its just, are we going to talk about what happened?"

My heart sank as those words left his mouth. The forbidden subject, the one thing I'd been trying so hard to push out of my mind. "There's nothing to discuss, because nothing happened," I said, clenching my jaw in frustration.

We began circling each other, ready for combat. "Don't be like that, you know what happened that nigh-" I quickly swirled my saber at him, forcing him to block it with his own, sending sparks from the clash cascading to the floor.

"Teach me then, Master," I said mockingly, begging he would drop the subject.

His firm hands pushed me away from him and he straightened his robes un frustration. "All right Padawan, let's fight." He began pacing up to me angrily,"Since you're such a fast learner, I'm sure you'll pick it up eventually."

He swung his lightsaber round at me, which was quickly blocked by a swing of my own. We repeatedly sparred against each other, each hit becoming more aggressive, his eyes piercing my soul as he kept his gaze.

"I knew you'd be trouble when I sensed you were here," He said, our lightsabers held in a strong duel of opposing forces,"So tell me, how did a devoted Sith turn so suddenly to the Jedi, the people she swore she despised."

My face morphed into a vision of anger, although I knew I couldn't let it control me, I had to stay focused on the mission. I broke away our lightsabers, stepping back. "You don't know what they did to me. The Empire. And believe me, I'm not enjoying this any more than you."

He stood tall in front of me, his eyes narrowed as though he were judging me. "What if I don't believe you."

A moment of silence passed between us.

"What?" I said, my breathing heavy from our fight.

"What if you... let your guard down around me..." He was walking closer to me, towering over me. Our faces were mere inches apart within seconds. "And you reveal that you've been working for the Empire all along." He was trying to get in my head, he was searching for answers as to why I was here. He was rambling, I could sense it, he didn't know what he was talking about.

"That's not true... not after what they did to me." My mind was scrambling to think of something scandalous that could've happened. Something bad enough to turn me to the light side. I couldn't think, all I could see and all my mind could focus on was how close we were, how his eyes peered into mine from above, questioning, searching. And how I could feel heat radiating off his body, his chest rising and falling, beads of sweat clinging at his forehead. From here, I could see every detail of his face, and I noticed a scar that trickled across his eye.

"Oh... I remember now," His deep voice interuppted my thoughts. He took a step back, the space between us not so intimate anymore. His mood had shifted however, to a more sombre tone. "I'm... sorry about what they did. I knew something was wrong at the time."

His wording confused me, it seemed as though he were talking about something that had happened in the past. I swallowed hard, my heart rapidly beating in my chest. He could've been lying, it just being an act to try get the truth out of me. I read his mind, anxiety gripping at me, I had to know if he was speaking an ounce of truth, if the Empire really had done something.

No, It couldn't be.

He was telling the truth.

He knew something I didn't. But how would I get it out of him?

"Reading my mind, wow. I can feel it every time," He sighed,"Although I must admit, you're like a brick wall, your mind is impenetrable, apart from the odd time you let it slip."

"I just had to check you weren't lying, I wasn't about to be fooled with fake sympathy.

"I see you've still got that cold part of you." He said, referencing to my time as a Sith.

"It'll fade," I said.

"Anyway, I'd say we're done for today. You are dismissed, Padawan." Don't think I'll ever get used to him calling me that.

I began my way to the exit, although my walk was interuppted by his arm around my waist. My stomach tumbled at his touch.

"You forgot something." He said, turning me around. "It's custom to thank your teacher at the end of a session."

I knew what he meant. "Thank you Master." As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt the blood rush to my face as I swelled with embarrassment. I watched the smirk spread on his face as he examined my state.

I quickly turned and left, not wanting to spend another second in his prescence. I had a feeling this mission was going to be slightly more difficult than I anticipated.