Chapter 10: Illinois

" Lalala" i sing as I dance across the deck of the ship "lalala"

"SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Harry screams from begind the sterring wheel. I sigh prettily, my long blond brunette honey colored amber strawberry blonde ginger hair fluttering in the breeze.

"I wish Harry wasnt such a stupid fucking ass hole" I grunt to Zayn, who stands beside me at the guard rails of the huge boat.

"Umm," Zayn says, the metal portion of his face where his 'skin' was peeled away still emitting the occasional spark. "This boat seems bigger than usual, Harry..."

"Zayn fuck off and die." harey says.

"AHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK" I scream as all of a sudden, a military jet begins to land on the large empty area of the shipdeck. "THEY FUCKING FOUND US!!!!!!!!"

"Oh shit," Harry frowns at the jet. "I think we accidentally commandeered the navy's aircraft carrier instead of my speedboat."

"Jinkies!!!" I yelp as 12 buff soldiers get off of the jet and run towards us. "What do we do?!"

"Play it cool, Susan, just play it cool..."

I straighten my back and try to look tough as the soldiers approach. "Hey, did you three see those one direction guys around here by any chance? They escaped when we were chasing them with snipers and we lost track of where they went." One of them asks, looking identical to all of the other soldiers in his camo uniform.

"Ummm no" I say.

"Ok" The soldier says, beginning to turn away. "also put your uniforms on, this is the navy for god's sake."

"What uniforms???" I whisper to Zayn and Harry.

"Uh... camoflauge." Zayn offers.

"Ew." I say. "Whatever. I guess we'll have to find some to blend in."

"We can go find some in the bunks below deck." Harry says, already walking away. Me and Zayn are quick to follow him, galloping into the bedchambers and taking the clothes from a random soldier's bag.

"Golly gee willikers guys, are you sure it's okay to just take these??" I mumble, guilt shimmering in my big blue orbs.

"Yes." Harry says.

"Ok" I nod and hum and agree in agreement. We all wiggle and worm into our new uniforms and head back to the deck as a trumpet horn sounds.

"That means the commander is calling all soldier to attention," Zayn explains. "We must hurry, compatriots!"

"Ok" I say.

We arrive at the deck and there's a pale man with a weird mouth in a commander uniform talking to the other soldiers. We manage to join their ranks unnoticed, and stand at attention as he speaks.

"Ok boys, today we are going to invade Illinois! I want you all at attention and ready to disembark on my signal!"

"Yes, Commander Jeff!"

"That's Commander Killer to you!" He barks. I look at him closer.

"Aiiieeeeeeeeee" I scream

"What?" Commander Killer says.

"Oh sorry" I said. "Zayn pinched me."

"Whatever." He says and turns away, continuing his rant to the soldiers.

"I didnt fucking pinch you Susan.." Zayn says. "I am really sad that youre blaming me, like I'm trying to move up in my military carreer and you're making me look bad to Commander Killer, it's seriously ticking me off like this is the only way I can pay off my student loans y’know?"

"Whatever brokie" I roll my eyes at the broke bitch next to me. "Imagine being in debt."

Zayn holds me hand. "You look really pretty right now, Susan..." His eyes sparkle as he looks at me. "I think... I'm in lo..."

"OK EVERYONE INTO THE WATER NOW NOW NOW!!!!! SWIM TO SHORE BEFORE THE ILLINOISERS SEE US!!!" Commander Killer suddenly screams, a great splash following as soldiers begin jumping into Lake Michigan.

"Come on!!!" I yelp, watching in slow motion as Harry leaps over the railing like a gazelle and lands in the water without even a splash. I jump in after him, cold water immediately surrounding my frail petite feminine body.

"I... c-cant swim..." I gurgle through the water rushing into my lungs. Through the haze of the water I see a figure swimming down towards me. His hand closes around my wrist and pulls me upwards, depositing me on shore.

"AAAAACCCKKKJHH ECHH BLAUGH UCHHH" I choke out the lake water with petite coughs. When Im finally done, I look to my side to see my savior, only to find....

"Z-zayn???" I cry, shaking his limp shoulder. "Zayn????" His cybernetic eyes are rolled back in his skull and the exposed gears in his head have stopped turning, clogged up with water and lake scum.

"NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO9999999IIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I sob, flinging my arms around his cold wet 567 pound metal body. "I love you, Zayn! Please wake up! Wake up!" I begin to try and haul him out of the two-foot deep water, but his body is too heavy.

Footsteps crunch through the sand towards me, and I barely recognize the sound of Harry's voice telling me to shut the hell up through my grief.

Zayn....

He's gone....

My life.........

My love.............

Is gone.........................

I'll never smile again..............................