Scavenger Hunt

Marinette's POV

I hurried down to my room and threw on a pair of black leggings and a black cropped sweatshirt with a green paw print. I grabbed a black matching bag and threw my hair into a high ponytail. I opened the bag and let Tikki fly and as I rushed downstairs. 

"Mom! Dad! Where is the next clue?" My voice still sounded raspy but was getting better. "Nope. No present till you eat." Dad declared as he laid out waffles for me. They were heart-shaped and had a dollop of whipped cream on them. 

"Chat made them himself. Under my tutelage that is." Mom smiled as she placed a fork and knife in front of me. "How early did he get up?!" I exclaimed. "Around two hours ago. He's put a lot of thought into this." 

I quickly shoved a waffle down my throat, surreptitiously sticking a piece into my bag for Tikki. 

"Ok clue?" 

"You should really eat more honey."

"I don't want to be too full if he has more food planned." I reasoned. My parent's faces contemplated then they agreed. They handed me a pretty small box. I unwrapped it and found a beautiful bracelet with a simple key on it. Along the edge of the key read one simple word that made my heart flutter. 

'Princess' 

I put the bracelet on and unwrapped the note. 

'A certain journalist is on your track

Who knows ladybug forward and back 

For the next clue find the friend 

Who knows how all superhero comics end' 

I smiled. He's a little obvious but he's sweet. I stuffed the note in my bag quickly hugged my mom and bolted for the door. As I ran out I heard my mom stifle a small sob. 

"That's the first time she actually hugged me since she got sick."

I cringed but didn't let that deter me. I practically sprinted all the way to Alya's house. Once I got to her apartment door I rang the doorbell and doubled over from lack of breath. Alya opened the door to find my chest heaving and my hands on my knees.

"Dang girl what did you do? Run here."

"Actually-" I heaved in another breath, "Ya." I coughed hard into my elbow then looked at Alya and held out my hand. 

".......what?"

"C'mon Alya! What's the next clue!" Alya giggled 

"OHHH you want your clue. Ok sure but I get a hug first." I quickly pulled Alya in and squeezed her tight as I could. Alya made a strangled sound then I pulled away grabbed her shoulders and shook her.

"Where!" shake. "Is" shake "My" shake "next" shake "Clue" shake

"Ok ok chill girl, no need to strangle then shake me," Alya said laughing. She pulled a note out of her pocket and I quickly grabbed it. Practically ripping it open and reading it quickly. 

'A kiss on the cheek and we made things official 

Man I can tell you it's not superficial 

A nice waitress had to tell people to leave 

and gave us our ship name. Marichat I believe'

"Awwww Mari that's so cute! When did that happen?" Alya asked. 'When did she move behind me?'  "I'm not sure I have to think..." 'When did we make things official...waitress...'

"Oh, I got it! The spotted donut! Bye, Als thanks!" and with that, I bolted away. Sadly after a couple of minutes, I had to take a breather and slow down. 'Maybe I should just use my miraculous..... no that's a gross miss use of power'