Alone? Angry? Confused?

Marinette's POV

I awoke after a good nights sleep for the first time in weeks. I dreamt about me and chat at the tower, dancing in his arms. I sighed happily. I then realized Chat wasn't here. 'Weird. He normally stays the night and if he doesn't he's here when I wake up.'  

"Tikki has Chat stopped by?" I asked drowsily. "He's on the balcony." She said as she flew up to my face. "Thanks Tikki!" I kissed her cheek then pushed the trap door open and crawled up through my trap door. 

There sat Chat, sitting on the ground, back against the railing, knees drawn up to his face with his hands running through his hair. His head snapped up as he heard me coming but he didn't say anything. 

"Kitty what's wrong?" I asked as I strode over to him. I sat beside him and put my arm around his shoulders. "I-I Can't" he paused for a moment then groaned and put his head back into his hands. "Honey you can tell me!" 

He mumbled incoherently for a second then in a rush told me "Icantgotoschoolwithyou!myfatherismadthativemissedsoIhavetogoasanormalpersonandnotaschat!" He looked away as I tried to understand what he said. 

"Kitty could you repeat that a little slower?" he sighed but complied "I can't go to school with you! My father is mad that i've missed all these days so I have to go as a normal person and not as Chat!"

I sat there stunned then sighed. "Its only to be expected." 

"Mari I promise i'll be closer than you think! I'll always be watching over you!"  

"What does that mean?" 

"It doesn't matter just know that your gonna be safe and i'll be there you just won't recognize me." 

"Wait you go to the same school as me?" 

"You have to go get ready for school. I love, i'll pick you up from therapy Ok?" 

Before I could speak he kissed me then stood up and vaulted away. I sat there shocked and confused then stood up and went downstairs to my room. "Where's Chat?" Tikki questioned 

"He can't come to school with me anymore." I said still shocked by the revelation. "Its ok though you still have me." She said flying up to my face. "Ya I do." I said smiling at my kwami. I hurriedly got dressed. 

I wore black ripped jeans and a tan off the shoulder sweater and a white tank top underneath. I grabbed my purse and rushed down the stairs and out the door without eating breakfast.

  I ran across the walkway and reached the school. There I saw Alya, Nino, and Adrien chatting at the stairs 'wait Adrien?'  

3rd Person

Marinette walked over. "H-Hey guys" she greeted them and a small wave. "M!" Alya grabbed her and yanked her into a tight hug. "Can't breath Als." 

Alya released Marinette and backed away. "Sorry. Anyways where's the charming Chat?" "He can't come with me anymore. His Dad was getting mad." at Marinette's words Adrien glanced down ashamed but no one seemed to notice. 

"Was Chat going to school here?" Adrien asked after his moment of shame. "Ya dude! He was watching over our dudette Marinette! We actually became friends with a super hero." (no explanation needed on who that is right) 

A small smile formed on Adrien's lips but he quickly wiped it away. "I guess I missed a lot." Adrien said casually. "Ya you did." Marinette's cold voice seemed to cut like a whip. "I guess your feeling better then." she continued in her cold angry voice. 

Adrien stared at her in shock and Alya sent him a sympathetic look. Her relentless glare stayed on him as he tried to form a sentence. 'This is completely different from earlier today'  "Uh y-yes, thank you for asking."