"When we graduate, I wanna open my own flower shop."

And then he bent down next to me and took one off the flowers from a bouquet. It was a red rose. He knew roses were my favourite.

"Then you should make roses your signature. They suit you." He broke off the stem and carefully placed it behind my ear, tucking some of my hair behind with it.

His hand lingered for a while by my ear before moving it down to my cheek as he caressed it softly with that same smile and those same eyes.

My eyes shut closed for a second as my heartbeat speed up. I felt his touch disappear and flickered my eyes open again. He had stood up and was holding out his hand for me.

I smiled and gladly accepted it as he helped me stand up.

"You're gonna have to pay for this rose, you know." I uttered, making him chuckle and nod, not taking his eyes off me and I kept feeling butterflies, making me blush madly but i tried to hide it.

I still remember it as if it was yesterday. I miss those days so much. Every day, I look back and wish it had just stayed that way.

I looked towards the sign with the name of the shop.

And the rose behind the letters.

He looked the direction of my eyes and saw the sign, turning back around and smiling.

"You remembered." I look down at my now fidgeting fingers and nod.

"So did you." He chuckles and nods.

"I could never forget." He responded, making my eyes water. I kept my head down, hoping he wouldn't notice the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Tae..." Damn it. Why does he do that? Why does he have to speak to me like that. With such a soft and gentle voice. A single drop left my eye and landed on my hands that were fidgeting with a petal.

I prayed he didn't notice it, but of course he did.

"Please don't cry..." He lifted his hand towards me but hesitated and pulled it back. 

But I needed his touch. God I wish he knew how much I needed his touch. I had craved for it for three years. Three painful years. 

I looked up at him and met his eyes. My vision was blurry due to the tears in my eyes, but his eyes held sadness and worry and before I knew it, I was in his warm embrace. I had yearned for his touch for three whole, miserable years. My joints begged to hug back, but my body was stiff, unable to move. 

We stood like that for a while. His arms wrapped around me, tears falling down my face, complete silence in the room. All that was heard was our breaths and the sound of my sobs.

After I finally composed myself and when he felt my body relax more, he slowly pulled away.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and wiped my tears.

"There is nothing to say sorry for, Tae." He smiled again, though this time, it looked a little sadder.

"W-why'd you come here?" My voice came out as a little hoarse and I shamed myself for stuttering once again in front of him. I walked over to the desk and continued styling the flowers in the vase.

"I..um..I..." He stayed quiet for a second before dropping the bomb. "I need flowers for my date."

I halted in my movements and thank god my back was faced towards him, or he'd see my facial expression drop completely. I just slowly nodded and continued what I was doing, trying to blink away the tears that once again welled up in my eyes.

"What kind of flowers are you looking for?" Once again, my voice made it clear I was on the verge of breaking down but i tried to stay composed in front of him.

"Roses."

My heart stopped and shattered into a million pieces. I stayed quiet now. I didn't know what to respond.

"J-just find some you like and bring them to the counter." I responded after pulling myself together and turning around with maybe the most broken smile I've ever given someone.

He stared at me for a little bit before nodding slowly and walking over to the section where all the roses were.

I just continued working on the flowers, distracting myself from the feeling that I was stabbed in the heart or needed to throw up.

His steps got closer and I knew he was right behind me now.

i turned around as he handed me the beautiful bouquet of roses. I quickly typed it into my computer before wrapping the flowers up.

He swiped his card on the payment terminal.

I handed him the flowers and he took them, standing there looking at them for a while.

"I-i uhm...have to close up now..." I uttered quietly, but he heard it.

"Oh..Yeah sorry. I'll be late anyway." He turned around and walked towards the door before stopping.

"It was nice seeing you, Taehyung." He gave me a sad looking smile before opening the door and walking out.

"You too.." I mumbled, knowing he had already left.

I stood there, staring at the door for a few seconds, not noticing the continuous tears streaming down my red cheeks.

I watched him leave.