The young man working it grabbed two menus and happily lead them to a table, then explained the specials for the day before leaving them to get their drink orders. It was hard not to just order a bunch of pastries, and funny enough, while Blake was going over the menu trying not to drool, their waiter appeared and Sage immediately pointed to four different pastries he wanted, then looked over at Blake with a grin. 

"Which ones would you like? Get whatever you want, since we can always take the extras home," he said, making Blake purse his lips but nod as he quickly skimmed over the choices again, then settled with a cheese danish and apple turnover. 

"Sounds good! I'll go get those for you, then come back for your main orders?" the guy said, earning a nod from Sage before hurrying off. 

Thankfully, he at least knew what he wanted to order, so when the young guy came back with two large plates of pastries and set them in front of them, Blake waited his turn as Sage ordered a meal of bacon, eggs, french toast, and potatoes, before giving his own order of eggs benedict and toast. It was close to lunch time, but the place had quite an extensive breakfast menu and he couldn't remember the last time he'd had a good eggs benedict, so he had to try it.  

He normally didn't like possibly spoiling his appetite with appetizers before a meal, but there was no way that he was going to be able to not devour at least one of the treats he'd ordered before their food got there. So, after much planning, and staring, he decided to go for the danish and save the turnover for a snack later. 

He'd honestly never had a fresh one, either. His only memory of such things were from vending machines, so when he finally lifted the warm folded dough to his mouth, he couldn't believe how incredible it tasted!

Is this really what they're supposed to taste like? Those vending machine ones are garbage compared to this heaven. 

They both ate in silence, each clearly enjoying their delicious food as other patrons filled the silence around them. They were just finishing their first pastry when their food came out and was set in front of them. Once the waiter made sure that they didn't need anything else, they got busy on their main course, again remaining silent as they enjoyed their meal. 

It was honestly quite odd not to feel like he had to fill the silence. Not that it was actually quiet in there, at all, but he didn't feel a need to make small talk while they ate, and honestly, he'd always found such a thing to be a little rude. Sure, talking here and there was fine if you were just nibbling on something after having already eaten the majority of your meal like when he'd gone out with Wyatt and Ravi, but when both you and your partner are hungry and wanting to eat, talking isn't necessary right away. 

Thus, they both dug into their meals, and Blake quickly realized that he needed to come back to the little restaurant quite often in the near future. Everything was absolutely delicious. He didn't even realize he was finishing his last bite of food until he went back for more and frowned at the completely empty plate. 

Licking his lips in slight embarrassment, he gently set his fork down, then glanced sideways at his remaining apple turnover. He knew that he didn't need it, because he was honestly rather full, but the food was just so darn good that he had to hold his hands in his lap to keep from reaching for it. 

"Want to help me finish half of my turnover?" Sage asked with a hint of humor to his words as he nudged the little plate it sat on to the middle of the table. 

He'd watched him cut it with a knife earlier, probably in anticipation of possibly not being able to finish the whole thing after his own huge meal. Blake considered it for a few moments before giving in with a small smile and reaching over to take it.