Chapter 18: Thor

TW: reference to disease and sickness

Thor collapsed onto his bed with a ragged huff. It had been an impossible two weeks.

His time in France had been hectic and when he'd gotten the official okay from his father his second to last day there, he'd made the announcement he would be moving permanently off of the France account. This had led to two days of nonstop meetings and he'd almost missed the window of availability for his flight back to Norway.

Things just got worse when he got to Norway and received a phone call from Nicky, who was crying hysterically. After asking nicely several times, Thor had had to pull out his Daddy-dom voice to get Nicky to put Loki on the phone. When Nicky finally put the phone on speaker, Loki calmly explained that some of Charlie's test results from the week before had come back concerning and they were waiting for the results. Unfortunately, earlier that night, Charlie had collapsed in the kitchen and they'd had to rush him to the urgent care clinic.

The on-call nurse had taken one look at him and diagnosed him with diabetes. They were waiting for the final test results from the doctor, but she had put him on medicine and given him an IV of glucose and he'd perked right back up. Everything was going to be fine, Loki assured Thor over and over again. The quint hadn't even planned on calling Thor until they had the final results, but Nicky had spiraled into a panic and for some reason had called Thor.

Thor had been both incredibly touched by his baby calling him when he needed him, but also a little disheartened that he hadn't been kept more in the loop.

Thor had spent the rest of the night on a video call with Nicky and Loki. Loki apologized profusely for not keeping Thor up to date and promised to talk to the quint about it in the morning. He swore they would keep Thor looped in from now on. Loki fell asleep shortly thereafter, but Thor stayed up all night comforting Nicky. He offered several times to fly home for just the weekend, but Nicky assured him they were going to be okay, they just all missed him terribly.

The next day they got the news that Charlie had Type I diabetes and Loki added Thor to the quint group chat so they could all discuss together.

Loki renamed the chat group "The Sext" which would be the proper name for the group of six, but Nicky said that made it sound like all they were going to do in the group chat was sext. While he had no problem with that, he lobbied for them to change the name. After some back and forth they renamed it The Sextet like they were some kind of music group.

Thor offered to reschedule the Italy trip, but Charlie threatened to go to Italy by himself without the rest of them. The conversation quickly changed to a lot of medical speak and recipe research.

The rest of the week and weekend had passed like Thor was walking through a fog. He was on his phone almost constantly and Fandral hadn't known Thor was going to be home, so he'd flown to France for the weekend to be with Jeanpaul and Luis. Thor had been so busy while he had been in France he hadn't gotten to see them at all, so he was a little jealous, easily irritable, lonely, and incredibly horny.

He didn't want to bother his lovers though, so he spent every night jerking off in his shower and then sometimes jerking off a second time in bed to fall asleep.

He somehow made it to Sunday night, but it had been two weeks since he'd seen the quint. So, here he was, lying face down on his bed wondering if he could just grind into the bed like this and if that would be enough to get him off so he could fall into another night of fitful sleep.

His phone rang, momentarily distracting him from his gloominess. He picked it up and saw an image of Nicky's adorable face next to a video chat request. He quickly answered and rolled onto his back, holding the phone up dangerously above his head.