Chapter 15: Loki

TW: Discussion of Suicide

Loki did a rapid once over of the men standing in front of them. The one glaring daggers at him was clearly Leif. He was impeccably dressed, but he was actually rather average looking. He had handsome features, but Loki lived with four incredibly handsome men and was dating a fifth and he was nothing compared to them.

He had clean cut brown hair, a wide brow, strong jaw and sharp nose, but there was nothing inviting about his features. Suddenly, as if reading Loki's mind, his features shifted and, like a chameleon, he became charming. Loki felt his stomach knot violently.

He knew how chameleon's operated. He had dated and believed he had fallen in love with one. But he was just a user and he'd used Loki and thrown him away. Just like Leif had done to Thor.

Loki straightened his spine and stared cooly at Leif, only giving the husband a passing glance. He had pretty features and the way he wore his clothes spoke of entitlement and money, as if he wore expensive things every second of his life.

"I do not think I have made this young man's acquaintance before. I'm Leif," Leif held out a hand for Loki and he took it and shook it firmly. Leif had one of those limp handshakes that showed money and disdain. "Ah, I can tell by his handshake, he is American."

"He is," Loki said smoothly. "I am Puerto Rican, but raised on the mainland."

Leif's eyebrows actually raised at this. "Oh? I do not know if I have ever met someone from Puerto Rico."

"Well, now you have," Loki said sweetly.

"And you are Thor's date for tonight I presume?" Leif said, allowing coolness to trickle back into his words. "I should probably warn you, Thor is under a lot of public scrutiny right now. I suppose that is slightly my fault for marrying my wonderful husband-"

"Loki is my kjæreste, actually," Thor interrupted. "And he is well aware of how you have brought public attention and scrutiny down upon me."

Loki didn't miss the way Leif's eyes flared as he took in Loki again.

"Ah, but Thor, I believe you garnered a fair amount of media attention yourself, didn't you. Something about a trip to Budapest? Such a shame, I thought you and I had a lovely time when we went to Budapest together. I didn't think there was a bath house we left unexplored, but you did manage to find some trouble in one of them. Or was it several?" He turned to look at his husband as if for clarification. To Loki's surprise, his husband looked disinterested in the entire conversation.

"I'm sorry, I don't believe I've made your acquaintance. I'm Loki," Loki said, holding out his hand to the husband.

"No I don't believe you have. Emilien," Emilien said. His handshake was a little firmer but his voice was still disengaged. For some reason that pissed Loki off more than Leif. Homewrecking was just as unforgivable as cheating to Loki. The least the man could do was hold a conversation with them.

"Do you have any plans while you are here?" Loki asked Emilien.

"I spent the day showing Emilien some of our favorite places, Thor. I do love to visit them when we are back," Leif answered for him.

"Did you spend much time in Norway before meeting Leif," Loki asked, still pointedly addressing Emilien.

"Not very much. It is far too cold for me," Emilien said disinterestedly.

"Yes, it is why we ended up at Emilien's villa in France. Too cold and too far of a flight. It must have been quite a trip for you to get here, Loki. Have you visited Thor often? I know how hard long distance can be. Easy to get lonely," his voice curled at the end and the insinuation was so blatant Loki wanted to spit.