Chapter 4: Nicky

"Thank you! Can you leave it on the ground?" Charlie called to the delivery person through their front door.

"Pizza's here sweetie, is that the last drink?" Steve asked from where he was leaning against the wall next to Nicky, who was standing at the bar cart.

Steve and Charlie had finally gotten out of bed when Bucky had fetched them, and they'd been pleasantly surprised to hear that not only had Thor dropped by, but he and Loki were on the balcony together. They'd agreed to wait twenty minutes before ordering pizza, and then it had taken another thirty minutes for it to arrive.

"Are you doing alright?" Steve asked quietly, apparently having observed how Nicky's hands were shaking slightly as he stirred the sixth mixed drink.

Was he doing alright? He had been flying high for most of the day. He woke up in bed with Loki and Charlie and proceeded to have amazing sex with both of them. Loki had been practically insatiable since he'd begun flirting with Thor some three weeks before, and Nicky was just drinking it up.

They showered and then Nicky had eaten lunch with them in bed, wrapped in a comforter and their love. He'd enjoyed watching Loki blossom under Thor's attention and he had been excited when they'd gone onto the balcony together.

Unfortunately, from that point on he'd begun to feel a little unmoored. It was possible they really were just looking at the view, but the longer they stayed out there the more anxious Nicky got.

Loki had all but promised Nicky forever, but what if Thor could promise him that as well, but not with the quint? Nicky loved him so much, and he wanted him to find someone like Charlie was for him. He just didn't want to lose Loki in the process.

"I'm just...a little nervous..." Nicky admitted and Steve reached out a hand for him. He stepped willingly into his arms and accepted his hug and reassurance.

"Have faith in Loki, kitten," Charlie said, as he brought the pizzas to the table.

"I do...I just have a lot of anxiety as well..." Nicky groaned, burying his face in Steve's shirt.

After a moment of Nicky's grumbling, Bucky placed a gentle hand on Nicky's back and he turned out of Steve's arms and into his.

"And that's alright, sweetheart. We just don't want to burden Thor with our worries or concerns just yet, alright? There will be lots of time to set ground rules and work through expectations and guard rails."

"I just...love him so much..." Nicky whispered against Bucky's neck.

"I know, Nicky, and he loves you. I told you, I spoke to him earlier and his biggest concern was whether or not Thor would fit in with the quint. He's not going to leave you."

"Us..." Nicky corrected softly.

Bucky brought his hands up to cup Nicky's cheeks. "He's not going to leave us. He loves us, and we love him. And I think there's a real chance we could love and be loved by Thor, too. We just have to let Loki work things out in his own way, okay?"

Nicky felt stupid for being so anxious. He hadn't felt this way with any of their other partners. Then again, he and Charlie had been equally responsible for bringing Bucky and Steve into their relationship, and Nicky had been the primary driver bringing Loki in as well. Maybe Nicky just had control issues. Actually, he definitely had control issues, that was a known fact, so maybe this shouldn't be that surprising after all.

He leaned forward and kissed Bucky, hoping to drown out the creeping feeling of dread in his stomach.

"Do you want to go ask them if they're ready for dinner?" Charlie asked softly.