N I N E 🥀

"I told Jimin hyung everything. Like everything. He stayed so quiet and when I was done he called me dumb and irresponsible and insignificant. How am I insignificant? What does that even mean? Anyways, Jiminie forgave me and bought me food, so here I am right now, the next day, buying him food why is Yoongi walking towards me."

~~

Jungkook hid the dusty book and held the menu up to cover his face. Jimin furrowed his brows and snatched it away. "You already ordered enough for ten people." He scowled, still irritated about his back.

The brunette gasped when Yoongi walked closer and he hid under the table. "What the fuck are you doing?" Jimin screeched, calling attention from others around.

Jimin noticed the mint haired man and glared at him since he was staring, but when he recognized him, he yanked Jungkook up from the ground.

"Here's your boy toy." He shoved the brunette into the other male and laughed. "He really, really, really likes you, uh, Yoingi." Jimin told.

Jungkook gasped and stumbled backward, bumping into a table full of people. "No. No I don't."

"Oh please!" Jimin snorted and pointed at Yoongi who stood silent, his eyes locked on Jungkook. "You were crying about him all day yesterday. Saying bullshit like 'I'm so in love with him it hurts.'"

By now the other people that were dining outside had stopped and were staring at the three. Jungkook felt his knees wobble and his heart quicken every passing second under Yoongi's stare.

Before Jimin went to speak again, Yoongi lightly grabbed the brunette boy's hand and tugged him away. Once they were far enough away from the restaurant, Yoongi let go and took a step back.

"Wh-" "Is it true?" Yoongi interrupted.

Jungkook folded his arms across his chest and tucked a piece of hair behind his ear. "Yeah...so what? You hate me though, right?" He scowled. He was trying to act tough, but in reality his heart was withering like a flower without sun. Jungkook needed his sun. He needed Yoongi.

The elder chuckled bitterly. "What reason do you have to think that I hate you? I didn't run away from you after your friend tried to kill me. I held you when you cried. I-"

"That was before you found out about me!" Jungkook suddenly shouted.

Tears stung his eyes and he continued. "God, Yoongi. After I told you, you walked away and didn't go back to the grocery store! You do hate me!" He shoved the elder with a choked sob. "Even I do." He said lower.

"I walked away to get you this." Yoongi took a wrapped box out of the lining of his coat and held it out. "Not because I hated you."

The younger took it and took the lid off without enthusiasm. But when he saw the contents, he felt more salty tears.

"You're always writing in that old book..." The mint haired trialed off, scratching the back of his neck. "So I got you a new one." He breathed.

Jungkook took the book and placed it with the other, throwing the box to the side. He sniffled and looked around for people, but they were alone.

"Do you love me?"

Yoongi bit his lip. He had tried to look past the serial killer in him and did. He saw a boy who needed love. And that's when Yoongi knew he did love Jungkook.

"Yes."

Light filled the brunette's eyes as he grabbed the elder and hugged him in a bone-crushing hug. Yoongi chuckled and snaked his arms around the younger's waist and shut his eyes, enjoying the warmth.

It was almost winter now and the frosty breeze was nipping at their skin harshly. When they both began to shiver from it, Yoongi proposed that they go somewhere warm. But Jungkook had a question first.

"So are we together?" He asked as they walked down the sidewalk. The elder chuckled in return and held the boy's hand.

"Not yet."

...
So, I haven't written any more on this fic, so if I don't have anything by next Friday, I won't publish until I have a few more written :)