Chapter 14

~~Wyatt’s P.o.v~~

    It was eight o’clock and I really wanted to see Eve. I’ve had a crush on her since I was in eighth grade, but never like this. I never thought I would have a chance with her. But in the past week, it might be possible.

    Eve was sick. Which made me worry. How sick was she? Was she home alone tonight with no one to take care of her? She needed me. So I got in my car and drove to her house. The lights were on so I walked to the door and knocked on it.

    “Hey Wyatt!” Eve’s mom answered the door. “Where’s Eve?”

    “She’s not here?” I asked now confused.

    “No, I thought she was with you.” Her mom said.

    “She was! But then around 7 she went to Saylor’s house. I just wanted to see if she was home yet so I could talk to her about Tyson.” I said covering for her.

    “Oh, well she’s not yet. I’ll tell her to call you when she gets home.” Her mom smiled and closed the door.

    Now I was even more worried. Where was she? And why did she lie to me?

    I went home and thought for a while. I called Eve twice, but she didn’t answer. Did something happen to her? I tried to relax, but couldn’t.

    Finally around nine, I got a call from Eve. I shot up and answered my phone. “Hey, where are you?” I asked hearing loud music in the background.

    “Can you come get me?” She asked trying to hide her sadness.

    “Eve, what happened?” I asked.

    “I think I made a really big mistake and I want to come home.” She said.

    “Sure, where are you?” I asked.

    “In Becker.” She said.

    “That’s an hour away Eve! Why are you there so late?” I asked raising my voice a little and grabbing my keys.

    “I know. I’m sorry. I just need to be home.” She said.

    “Okay, I’ll be there in an hour.” I hung up the phone and got into my car. Now, I was really worried.