Chapter 3

I really tried to talk to my friends and be a part of their fun, but I couldn’t. How could I? I just lost the most amazing person in the world. I just lost my bestfriend.

“Eve?” Saylor asked.

“What?” I asked snapping out of my mental cry for help.

“Do you wanna go back to school? Or just go home?” Saylor asked.

“School’s fine.” I tried to smile.

“Everything’s going to be okay.” Amanda said as we pulled into the school parking lot. We parked and went inside.

First period was just ending so I had to go the opposite way of Saylor and Amanda. Which really sucked because I had gym next. A class with both Carson and Tyler.

I went into the gym locker room and saw Carson standing by her locker. “Hey Eve. Are you mad at me?” She asked.

“I don’t know Carson. What do you think?” I glared at her.

“I don’t understand why you’re getting so mad though.” She said all sad and innocent like.

“Fuck you Carson. Tyler and I dated for 8 months. And because of you we broke up. How long has he been cheating on me?” I asked with my heart beating faster from all the rage and sadness built up inside of me.

“He didn’t cheat.” She said.

“That’s bullshit.” I slammed my locker door shut and went to change into my gym clothes.

When I got out everyone was running so I found a couple of my friends and ran with them.

“So what happened with you and Tyler?” One of my friends, Anna, asked.

“A lot.” I said as Tyler ran up to us.

“Are we still friends, Eve?” He asked.

I really wanted to say “no” because it would hurt me too much to be friends with him, but instead I said, “I guess.”

“Good. So wanna get coffee or something after school? I think we should talk.” He said.

“Sure.” I said, not being able to look at him.

“Kay, I’ll meet you at my car then?” He asked.

“Alright.” I said. Did I really just make a date with my ex boyfriend?

As soon as Tyler ran back by his precious Carson and other friends, I started crying.

“You’re so much prettier than her.” Anna said hugging me.