Chapter 9

“Eve!!!” I heard someone yell as I ran barefoot down the street. I couldn’t stop. I couldn’t be here anymore. “Stop!!!” He yelled. I heard his voice getting closer so I ran faster. They couldn’t take me back there.

My feet couldn’t keep up with my pace, making me trip and fall. I layed on the ground.

“Eve!” Strong arms picked me up and I saw him. Wyatt. He was the one who kept bringing this torture called life, back to me.

“Are you okay?” He asked picking me up.

“No! Where’s Tyler?!” I pushed him away and struggled to get free, but his grip tightened.

“Evelyn.” He said. That was the first time I’ve ever heard someone say my whole name in a long time. I froze and looked up at him. Seeing that he was also crying.

“Wyatt. Why are you crying?” I asked.

“Because I don’t want to lose you. You’re a beautiful girl. Tyler doesn’t deserve you.” He said looking at me.

“Shut up. You don’t mean that.” I said looking down. “You know I can walk.”

“Promise you’re not gonna run?” He asked.

“Do I really have to go back to the hospital?” I asked.

“Unfortunately, yes.” He said.

“Please Wyatt. Don’t make me go back.” I said crying.

“Fine. I’ll go buy you some food then we can come back.” He said and put me down.

“Thank you.” I said.

“Here, put this on.” He said taking his sweatshirt off and giving it to me.

“You don’t have to put up with me.” I said, putting it on.

“I want to.” He said. “You know, I’ve always liked your name. Evelyn.”

I giggled and for the first time in five days, I felt something other than pain.