43. Revenge

Marshall's P.O.V.

"Marshall, I don't want you to do this," Mel says to me quietly, and I can see fear flash through her big brown eyes, which almost softens me. "I don't want you to retaliate against him in any way."

"And why is that?" I frown, now getting slightly angry at her.

Why wouldn't she want me to kick Nelly's fucking ass after what he did to her? Let me find out she still has feelings for him. She did tell me she loved him before, and that's been bugging me ever since.

"I don't want you to get in trouble," she whispers, lowering her eyes, and I immediately feel bad for doubting her. It's me she's actually concerned about and not him.

But then I start to get angry all over again.

Fuck me, coming down from all of the drugs I took last night unbeknownst to her, is really messing with my mind right now.

"Well, what do you expect me to do man, just let that shit go?" I ask, grabbing her jaw lightly and forcing her to look up at me again. "You really think I can do that, baby?"

"Just promise me, please, that you wouldn't do anything stupid," she sighs, then takes my face in between her hands, putting her palms flat against my cheeks . "He is not worth it, Marshall. I don't want you to go out there and do something crazy, and violate your probation, and end up in jail. Do you remember how it fucked with you when you thought you were gonna get locked up?"

"Yo, why the fuck would you bring that up?" I exclaim.

"Because, Marshall. I don't want you to end-up in the same situation because of me. And because of your pride."

"My pride? Baby, this got nothing to do with my pride, what the fuck!"

"But it does, Marshall. If you really love me like you say you do, you wouldn't put yourself in a position where you get taken away from me... and from your daughters. All because you wanted to get even with a guy that put his hands on me. So please just promise me that you wouldn't."

I look at her, and I can tell that she's serious, so I nod my head and I tell her what she wants to hear. But even as I say the words, I know that I'm lying to her. Because I could NEVER let this go, even if I wanted to.

Maybe in a way she is right, and part of it is about my pride.

Because you just don't do no shit like that, you don't fucking violate my girl in that way and expect to get away with it. I don't give a fuck if me and her was together at that time or not, she was still my bitch, and you don't fucking touch what belongs to me.

So fuck it, yeah, part of it IS about that.

More than anything though, is that it just fucking hurts me to my core to see what that bullshit stunt Nelly and his bitch ass homeboys pulled did to Melody.

I don't even recognize her sometimes, it's like she's scared all the fucking time, what he did to her really broke her down, and I hate seeing her like this and not even be able to do anything about it.

So something's gotta give, and that asshole Nelly has to pay for this shit.

And I know exactly when and how imma get him too.

***

One month later.

I walk into the recording studio building in LA where I flew out a couple of days ago. I supposed to do a verse on one of Fifty's new song for his upcoming Get Rich Or Die Trying album.

I debated whether or not I should, but then ended-up bringing Melody along to LA with me. I just ain't feel right leaving her in New York by herself the way she's been lately. I ain't no shrink, but when I did talk to one about her, they hinted to me that she might be suffering from PTSD over what happened to her, and I just don't feel comfortable leaving her alone for long. She's been real depressed lately and moping around, and I'm not saying I think she might do something to herself, but I just don't know man. The doctor I was paying to see her ended-up prescribing her antidepressants, and that seems to be getting the job done somewhat, but I would still rather keep an eye on her.

Spend Some Time (Eminem Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara