5. Small World

Melody's P.O.V.

I wake up and I have no idea where the fuck I'm at. Everything is a blur...

My head is pounding like crazy and I feel so damn nauseous that it's by sheer will power that I don't throw up all over the place.

This bed is comfy though...

I stretch and attempt to sit up, and immediately fall right back on the bed as the whole room is spinning in front of my eyes.

I panic. I don't know what's fucking going on!!

"Good, you're awake," a vaguely familiar voice says.

A very familiar voice, actually. This person does have a very distinctive sounding voice, but I've never thought I would ever hear it again anywhere in my close vicinity, and not like on a radio or on TV.

What the actual fuck?!

"How did I get here?"

I manage to sit up, kind of lifting myself on my elbows and squint my eyes, taking in Em standing leaning on the door. Looks like he has just walked in. Also looks like I'm back at his hotel room.

Once again. What the actual fuck??

He frowns at me slightly.

"You don't remember? I guess you wouldn't, it makes sense, considering. Here," he tosses me a bottle of water he was just drinking from, and I suddenly realize just how damn fucking dry my mouth and throat are.

"Thanks," I mumble. "But what the fuck is going on?"

Then, very slowly, I'm starting to get flashbacks. Little snippets of what happened are coming back to me and I cringe.

***

A few hours earlier...

Marshall's P.O.V.

Me and the guys are at this club. Supposed to be one of the hottest clubs New York has to offer.

Seated at the V.I.P. with a whole bunch of groupies surrounding us as usual, I can see regular people getting their drink on and dancing from the balcony, and it's honestly not a bad night at all.

My whole day has been shitty though.

First, Kim calling me earlier was basically just to pick a fight with me. She loves doing it for some reason. Wind me up, watch me go. I seriously think bitch gets off on this shit. And she ain't even let me speak to Hailie neither. Claiming that she was still sleeping. Bitch, then why call me at all? She knows damn well that these days if it ain't about my daughter then I don't wanna hear it. This whole marriage is only holding up my the fact that I want my little girl to have a family.

And that was honestly weighing on me all fucking day. I try not to think too much about what a shit my relationship with Kim has become. I feel like I'm stuck in it anyway, so ain't no point to think on it too much, but damn!! Some days I really feel like I wanna kill the damn bitch. Yet I can't leave her either. I'm too much of a creature of habit, I guess.

Then, to top it all of, Paul told me today that I'm gonna have to hire a bodyguard. Correction, he has hired one for me already. Now, I'm thinking, what the fuck for?! I'm a grown ass man and I can take care of myself perfectly fine. I can handle my own shit. I ain't need nobody following my every move watching out for me. But apparently the label insisted. Ever since the video for My Name Is dropped a few days ago, all of a sudden, I can't go anywhere without getting mobbed, and I can't understand what the fuck is up with that. Like what fucking changed so much?!

Well, either way, here goes this fucking bodyguard. He actually tagged along with me and D12 as we went to this club. So now that we are trying to be out here partying, there sits this big black motherfucker in the corner, watching me like a hawk.