040. rock devil

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's vegetable water." Dean says.

"Sam, Dean, Larissa." Cas walks over. "And Athena."

"Hey." Dean says, the three standing up, Larissa holding Athena. "You consider switching up your duds there? Bit stiff for this town."

"He could be an agent or something." Sam says.

"Yeah, maybe a third-tier agent." Dean says.

"At least I don't look like a lumberjack." Cas says. Larissa snorts, covering her mouth to hide her smile. Dean gives her an annoyed look.

"Okay, enough. Guys, where's Crowley?" Sam asks.

"He said he'd meet us here. Frankly, I appreciate the break. It's been weeks, and he's been right there, just talking and talking and talking. It's relentless." Cas complains.

"Uh, Cas..." Larissa winces.

"Don't listen to him." Crowley walks up from behind Cas. "Feathers and I are all but inseparable now."

"You find anything?" Sam asks.

"Yes. Vince Vincente is riding the Devil." Crowley says.

"Okay, so what now?" Cas asks.

Crowley holds a keycard to a hotel room up.

"I suggest we go check out his room. Vince is scheduled to be in the studio all day, so we're covered." Crowley says.

"How'd you get the card?" Dean asks.

"This is L.A. I know a lot of people." Crowley says.

~ ~ ~

They walk into Vince's room, the place a mess.

"Well, looks like there was some kind of a fight." Cas says.

"Mm. Yeah. Some kind." Dean retorts, holding up a pair of women's underwear.

"Look at this. Rock star biographies. Like, all of them, from Aerosmith to ZZ Top. It's like he's studying how to become famous." Sam says, looking at the books.

"Well, so what, Lucifer's a dork?" Dean asks, sitting on the couch and picking the electric guitar up. "That's good to know."

"Look at this. "The seeds of a ripe dragon fruit drizzled with exactly 1 ounce of Acacia honey, prepared in a ceramic bowl -- no plastic." What is this spell?" Cas asks, holding a binder.

"It's breakfast." Crowley tells him. "It's Vince's rider. I've seen worse."

"I don't get it. Lucifer could be taking over Heaven and Hell right now, and instead, he's trying to act out some rock god fantasy?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Who wouldn't?" Dean asks, quietly strumming the guitar.

"I found something." Cas says, walking out of the bathroom, holding something up.

"What is that?" Sam asks.

"It appears to be a human tooth pulled out by the root." Cas says.

Larissa gags, turning around so she doesn't see it. Sam puts a gentle hand to the back of her head, not letting her look back.

+++

Larissa stayed back with Athena while the guys went to the hospital to talk to a woman who carved Vince's name into her chest

Sam and Dean get back to the hotel, needing to change to pretend to be aspiring musicians. Dean and Athena are both outside since she asked for something from the vending machine and he couldn't say no to her puppy eyes.