Legends Never Die- a songfic- song by Halocene

T/W: mentions/implication of: death, fighting, fainting, a little bit of self hate/survivors' guilt

POV: Grian 

I watch as they come, invading everything I know. I listen to their screams, the words not registering. I hear sound, nothing but sound. Sound without meaning, pitches and volumes with no reason for being. I hide in the basement, guilt overwhelming my senses. I did this. I brought them here. This is all my fault. If only i had thought. Thought about the consequences, i could have stopped this, all of this. And then i hear a voice, one i thought i would never hear again.

"Legends never die" She says, her hand falling onto my shoulder. "When the world is calling you, Can you hear them screaming out your name?" "Who?" i ask, still drowning in guilt and hopelessness. "Listen." She says. "Really listen." And i do, and i hear it. People, my people, people i swore to save, time and time again, calling out, calling for me. "Xelqua! Please, please! If there ever was a time to come back, its now!"

"Legends never die." She says again. "They become a part of you, Every time you bleed for reaching greatness." "But thats just it." i say. "I bleed and bleed and i beet them but they always come back." "But Relentless you survive." She says. "Your people, our people, They never lose hope when everything's cold, And the fighting's near. It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke, When the fire is fierce, because of you." She says. "What do you mean, me?" i ask. "You. you give them hope. And you fight through millions of Watchers to save them. And you, you are their legend. Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause, Legends never die. When the world is calling you." "The world is calling you." i mumble.

"Can you hear them screaming out your name?" She asks again. "Yes." i whisper.

"Legends never die. They become a part of you." "They become a part of you, part of me," i say.

"Every time you bleed for reaching greatness." She says, now standing.

"Legends never die. They're written down in eternity, But you'll never see the price it costs, The scars collected all of their lives. When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts And avenge defeat. Before it all starts, they suffer through harm Just to touch a dream. Xelqua, what's your dream?" i open my mouth to answer only to realize i don't know.

"Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause Legends never die. When the world is calling you." She says. "When the world is calling you." i say, louder this time.

"Can you hear them screaming out your name?" "Yes." i say, now aware of the meaning of the scrams.

"Legends never die. They become a part of you." "They become a part of you." i repeat.

"Every time you bleed for reaching greatness. Legends never die. When the world is calling out your name, Begging you to fight." And now i listen, really listen. "Grian?!?!?!" i hear Mumbo shout. Mumbo. Mumbo the spoon.

"Pick yourself up once more." She says.

"Pick yourself up, 'cause, Legends never die. When the world is calling you." this time its me saying it, her repeating. "when the world is calling you. Can you hear them screaming out your name?" she asks.

"Legends never die. They become a part of you." i answer. "they become a part of you. Every time you bleed for reaching greatness." she responds.

I pull myself up, extending my wings, flying into the sky. I meet the Watcher army head on, purple and gold magic melding and mixing in my hands, in the air. One by one i kill them, until it's just me and him, me and the Head Watcher. One on one. As i take in his shocked expression, i tell him three simple words.

"Legends never die." I plunge my sword into his chest, dead. He's dead. And with that, i pass out from magic exhaustion. 

656 words. I wrote this during art and math class. I went with a slightly different way of writing, but I like it. I think it was one of the only ways I could make 2nd person work.

Bye for now, and good unspecified time of day or night!