Chapter 6 (Mall Chapter)

Keefe POV:

Keefe POV:

"Good. Now let's get this over with. In the car, both of you." Sophie said in her usual bossy manner.

"Totally not a hostage situation."

And just like that, the whole mood of the conversation changed from teasing to one of the tensest moments that Keefe had ever seen. Sophie stiffened. Biana moved to comfort her, murmuring things that Keefe couldn't hear. He stood there, worried that the whole fragile string of a relationship, of a friendship, that he had begun to build with Sophie was about to crumble. And it would be his fault.

After what felt like a long time, Sophie nodded. She looked like she shivered a little, and then she turned. She was smiling, slightly, but it looked forced. She herded (read: shoved) them into the back seat of her car before climbing into the front seat and starting to drive to the mall.

Keefe and Biana were quiet (for the first times in their lives) on the way to the mall. It usually only took a few minutes, but it took longer than usual because the one time Keefe did talk, it was to ask Sophie to stop at the Baskin Robin's on the way there. She did, but then Keefe couldn't choose between the Pink Bubble Gum and Cotton Candy flavors until Sophie very helpfully said, "Oh. My. God. Keefe. Get a double scoop if you're going to take forever to choose!"

"Hmm. Ok. I'll have a double scoop in a waffle cone. One scoop Cotton Candy and one scoop Pink Bubble Gum. Thanks."

Sophie ordered a Coffee ice cream milkshake., and Biana ordered one scoop of Pink Bubble Gum (it was pink, of course she ordered it). They got their ice cream and continued their expedition to the mall where Sophie pulled out her phone and played her puzzle app after finding three new shirts, a dress, and three pairs of leggings, much to Biana's satisfaction. Keefe got nothing.

"You're letting her get away with three shirts, three dresses, and three pairs of jeans? Really? I expected more from you, B. You're the expert shopper."

"This is an upgrade. Last time she didn't get anything, but she should get at least one more dress."

Keefe raised his eyebrows, but remained silent (again, for the first time in his life). When they finished shopping Keefe was holding most of the clothes. Biana found six new dresses before Sophie decided that they were going to be late and needed to get going. Biana agreed, but insisted that Sophie get at least one more dress. After Sophie chose a sweaater dress, Biana was very satisfied. They checked out and went back out to the car. Sophie helped Biana load her stuff into the trunk.

"Shotgun!" Keefe declared.

Sophie sighed, but didn't protest. As they drove the rest of the way to the coffee shop Keefe cracked joke after joke the whole time. Sophie tried not to laugh, but it was impossible. They laughed as if they had known each other forever. Keefe couldn't stop his thoughts,

This feels good, natural. I miss when Fitz and I would laugh like this. Maybe Sophie could be my best friend. But I want her to be more than that. Oh, well. I'll find someone else eventually. I hope.

Biana POV:

Biana POV:

They're gonna go out together. I just know it. Keefe soo obviously likes her, and Soph likes him back, I'm pretty sure. It's just a matter of time.

"Hey, aren't we supposed to turn left here?" Biana asked.

"No, I'm taking a shortcut." Sophie replied, glancing back. She and Keefe went right back to laughing, but Biana didn't feel left out. She was happy that Sophie finally found someone who made her so happy. Just then, they pulled up to Espresso Patronum, only to see Fitz, who seemed like he was getting closer to exploding by the second.

The only thought that formed in Biana's head at that moment was: Well, this ought to be fun.

A/N: I known that this chapter was short, but it was mostly a filler chapter, so, you know.

-Luna