Chapter 22

(With the Greeks) "Hercules

(With the Greeks)

"Hercules..." Ares said, dreading the worse. But was then punched in the face by Zeus.

"What are you doing breaking before the man himself!? You foolish son of mine!" Zeus shouted, as he leaned towards shocked Ares.

"Z-Zeus, but his right arm." Ares stuttered, looking at his father.

"Ah, yes. You really think, that's enough of an excuse for him to lose." Zeus asked, confident. "He won't lose. Hercules just isn't that kind of man."

"Well said." Odin stated.

'That's right. He is... the man who passed the trails of Zeus himself! And the man I call my greatest friend!' Ares thought with a smirk.

_____________
(Arena)

"You should be careful, those techniques look like they take a lot out of you." Jack stated.

"You needn't worry." Hercule told him. Watching as his abilities slowly heal him.

"I see... you have lost, haven't you." Hercules stated. Jack tilted their head.

"What is it that you fall into darkness because of the pain you suffered or was it because of the feeling of betrayal that cut your soul?" Hercules asked. "No... the reason is irrelevant. You lost to despair and gave into bloodlust."

Jack stayed silent, glaring up at the God.

"I'm a demi-God. A human born on earth, who ascended to Olympus as a God. Humanity and Deity as one, holding both titles. Humanity is foolish, jealous, hatred, discriminatory..." Hercules told them. He began listing all of the sins of Humanity. "And yet... in spite of all that, I truly love Humanity." He stated. "And with what you say earlier, maybe you're right. About me being a false Hero, you're fighting for Humanity so they can live, maybe you are a hero."

The audience teared up at the God's words.

"Jack the Ripper, I will save you from your suffering!" Hercules stated, eyes set on his opponent, determined.

"Don't bother." Said Jack, watching their opponents next move cautiously.

Hercules tossed his club into the air as it began to transform into a more sinister looking club. Calling forth the Hound of Hades, he activated the Twelfth Labour: Cerberus. Hercules looked more beastly and monster-like than before.

______________
(With the Greek)

"Cerberus." Odin muttered.

"Hmmm... it's a battle of time from here on out." Zeus stated.

"Time?" Loki said, confused.

"That skill possesses an overwhelming power capacity of destruction." Odin stated.

"However it takes a proper toll on its user..." Zeus added. "Will he engulf his opponent? Or be drained of his essence first?"

"That Labour can be stopped." Odin stated.

"A skill that burns through the user's own life so if he doesn't win that tattoo will overwhelm his body, stripping if of his life in the process... a truly amazing man." Loki stated.

"Hercules!" Ares shouted, worried. "Hurry!"

__________
(Arena)

Hercules charged forwards towards Jack as he threw a savage swing of his club.

Dodging, Jack quickly aimed for his vital spot but couldn't get a swing in time as they quickly avoided another swing to the head. Hercules smashed anything in his path as he continued forward to his opponent, attempting to tire out the spirit before him.

The greek God swung his club at them but Jack managed to duck away from the swing in time. As they we're about to stand back up, Hercules went for another punch, delivering a strong blow to the face, causing Jack to get sent flying.

Rolling across the ground, they quickly shook their heads from the disorienting dizziness. They slowly got up and spit out a bit of blood, they grabbed their daggers laying a few feet away from them and retreated for a quick plan, but before they could Hercules jumped after them, slamming their fist against them.

Jack tried to block with both arms, but that had sent them falling and they ended up getting impaled by a spiked fence, Jack coughed up blood and gritted their teeth in pain, as they quickly pulled out a smokebomb to set a cover for themselves to escape.

Hercules stood still, calming down as he tried to see through the smoke but he had to rely on his hearing for any attacks from the Ripper. Hercules stood waiting.