Chapter 16

"LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!"  "Oh, the battle already started

"Oh, the battle already started." a voice said. They all turned to see the golden King with a little boy that looked like her but with lighter blonde hair.

"Mongrel, where is the furniture and food for this little entertainment show." Said Gilgamesh as she look towards the battle.

"GRANDMA, GRANDPA!!" Nungal shouted as he ran to his grandparents with open arms as they came towards him excitedly.

"Forgive me, I'll tell the nymphs to get them now." replied Brunhilde, turning to call a nymph. Everyone looked on in shock as they stared at the King to the boy.

Gilgamesh's crimson eyes turned towards Poseidon who was leaning against the wall. "It's interesting, I thought with you being one of the Gods with the biggest influence and power, you would think the mongrels would make you comfortable during this battle, but no they do nothing since you lost.... is it because their scared of you or because you lost to humanity." She said as she opened her gates for two red and gold couches to appear.

Gilgamesh motioned for Poseidon to sit with her while her parents got the other seat with their grandson.

Not looking to see if he sat, she turned to watch the battle before her as she ate the food that was placed on a table by the servants.

________
(Arena)

'Why?..... Those who have fought so far -- Lu Bu, Adam, King Gilgamesh.... They were truly suited to represent mankind. Their sort of fighting spirit can even move the hearts of Gods.... However this man, just who is my opponent?!.... A serial killer who trifled with the lives of some frail maidens." Thought Hercules as rage courses through his body at fighting a vile man.

"WHY, DON'T MOCK ME, BRUNHILDE!!" Shouted Hercules, as the Valkyrie stared blankly at the Gods chosen fighter. 

Gilgamesh smirked at the blatant display, sipping her wine before gesturing if Poseidon wanted some. Poseidon slightly nodded as she gave him a cup before turning to the other side of the arena.

Gilgamesh's eyes met another pair of red eyes. Smirking, she motioned a death threat to Ishtar if she tried anything and chuckled at the Goddess's fearful reaction.

________
(Humanity's side)

"A....A serial murderer is humanity's representative, hm?" Said a old man who wore a detective suit.

"I honestly dunno who the heck I should be supporting.." said a adult man, scratching his head.

"I thought Jack the ripper would be taller?"

"Fer starters, what's that fellers name again?, Jack the Shredder or something." Said a clueless fat man.

"Jack the Ripper." calmly said a man as he smoked, "The worst murder in human history.... in the late 19th century, in the slums of the city of London.... at least five prostitute were murdered with a sharp object. Scotland yard's best were dispatched to catch the criminal.... But they couldn't even grasp his coattails. Yes... that mystery... couldn't be solved by my Sherlock."

"You're...it can't be." Said a man with a camera. People around them stared in shock and confusion. This mystery novelist, with one of the world's brightest mind... has also over the course of life, sought to finally put the mysterious Jack the Ripper's identity to an end. This was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Novelist and author of Sherlock Holmes series who was staring intently at the screen showing the Ripper's hood.

__________
(Arena)

Both opponents stood staring at each other intently waiting for one or the other to move.

"First things first, If you step down and admit defeat right now, then I will implore Lord Zeus to not completely destroy your soul. Because unlike you, I DISPISE SENSELESS MURDER!!" Angrily shouted Hercules, gripping his club tightly in his hands.

Jack just stared at his angry expression. "Sir... I must first thank you kindly for agreeing to battle in my native London. However, I am afraid to say that I can do no such thing." Quietly said Jack.

"What." Questioned Hercules.

"No matter how slim the odds of victory may be.... I must always accept a duel." Said Jack as they leaned back, arms behind their back as they pulled a pair of scapels that gleamed in the light.

The crowd began muttering as they saw the weapon. "Observe closely, this is my armanent." Said Jack "One might even call it my divine weapon."

Jack sliced at the nearest pole, for moment nothing happened before the pole started fall and a clean cut was seen.

Hercules watched as the pole fell.

"Everything seems but like paper now," said Jack the Ripper.

"Giant scissors, eh?.... yet another unconventional weapon." Said Ares, who stood behind Zeus. "Wooow..." Said Loki.

A moment of silence echoed through the stadium as Jack turned to humanity side bowing, "King Gilgamesh doesn't seem to mind me Mr.Hercules..... your highness I hope this show will be pleasant enough for you, please judge with your own eyes."

Gilgamesh piercing crimson eyes stared at the bowing Jack as she laid her hand on her cheek, a smirk appeared as she waved for them to continue the battle.

They turned back to face a angry Hercules as they stared at each other in silence. Hercules gritted his teeth, "If that's what you want. THEN I'II DO ALL I CAN TO MEET YOUR DEMANDS!!" he shouted angrily and jealously.

To everyones shock, Jack quickly turned and ran quickly away into another street.

"HE RAN AWAY!!, JACK HAS MADE A HASTY RETREAT RIGHT IN THE FACE OF THE ENEMY!!." Shouted Heimdall.

"Wow...He really did it" commented a smiling Loki.

".....He ran away?" Questioned Hercules as he stared at the place Jack was just in. He growled furiously, "NOT SO FAST!!" he shouted as he ran to chase Jack the Ripper down. He quickly stopped to looked into the street and questioned Jack menacingly.

There Jack the Ripper sat pouring tea into a cup, "Pardon me, but it just turned tea time." Said Jack as they held up a watch towards Hercules.

"Draw your weapon." Hercules commanded.

"My isn't this the finest Darjeeling, mmm." Said Jack the Ripper.

"WHY YOU?." Shouted Hercules as he stormed to Jack with his club ready to strike but abruptly stopped because before his eyes was a silver string.

________________

To people reading this story, updation dates may take longer due to me have to look for jobs and deal with adult life.😢