Chapter 8

Poseidon backed away from Gilgamesh before letting out a humorless chuckle and begun to whistle a short tune

Gilgamesh prepared her barrier for the next attack but Poseidon was moving faster then she could react and unleashed a barrage of thrust with his trident. She was able to feel the pressure of the attack inside her shield.

Before she could realize, her barrier broke into light golden shards and was attacked, getting her open coat torn up and with a wound across her left cheek gaining a small gash.

Gilgamesh quickly jumped into the air floating away from the attack to avoid anymore severe situations.

'That was close, but my clothes.' Gilgamesh thought, pouting a bit as this was her favourite wear.

"What's wrong?" Poseidon said. "I thought you were capable of defeating a god, you insignificant piece of shit." He said with an arrogant smile looking up towards the floating woman.

Gilgamesh was irked at the Sea God's words, her rage bottling up, but outside she looked calm.

The Gods cheered for Poseidon, they called him the God of Gods and soon repeated G.O.G over and over but with one unpleasant look from him they were quickly silenced.

"Lord Poseidon's aura is truly something else..." Göll said, frightened at the intimidation Poseidon was showing.

"Truly a terrifying person, talk about edgy." Adam said.

"Hmph. Bunch of useless bottom feeders." Poseidon said annoyed.

"Hmph, for yourself a pretty sorry existence also." Gilgamesh stated.

This triggered Poseidon as he gave Gilgamesh a blank stare that was full of dark promises. He lunged into the air and attacked the demigod.

"Begone." Poseidon said seriously.

He attacked with Divine Lightning, unleashing an endless barrage of trident thrusts onto her from above akin to lightning in a thunderstorm at fast speed.

At the same time Gilgamesh opened her gates of babylon in small portals unleashing thousand of swords towards the barrages.

Poseidon managed to dodge but some weapons managed to scratch him with cuts across him arms, legs, and cheek.

"What a fierce fight! Such blinding speed"! Ares shouted, fascinated at how fast they were going to attack each other.

"Indeed, this is only a matter of speed that humans could react and counter to." Hermes stated.

"This is hardly anything, she has only seen but an inkling of Poseidon's true strength." Odin stated. "The depth of his power is still a mystery, but that will change soon."

Gilgamesh continued to block the onslaught of attacks by Poseidon.

"Don't... Don't lose on us, King Gilgamesh!" Göll shouted.

"Do not worry, Göll." Said Brunhilde.

"She's letting him tire before going in for an attack. There's still a few tricks up her sleeve." Said an analyzing Lu Bu who eyes never left the battle.

Poseiden was quick at dodging only managing to get a few scratches. His attacks were getting more forceful, but Poseideon had managed to get behind her the moment he saw an opening.

Quickly her gates opened, two golden swords appeared blocking the attack from touching her. Gilgamesh opened her gate and a golden axe appeared in her hand. She quickly swung the axe across Poseidon's chest.

Poseidon tried to dodge but was left with a big wound on his chest. Poseidon emotionously looked at the wound before simply dipping his hand into it and looked at his red stained hand. Brushing his hair back with the stained hand he smiled maniacally.

"Well then, it's my turn." Said Gilgamesh, crimson eyes staring into Poseidon's souless ocean eyes. Before the cheering crowd, Gilgamesh's clothes glowed gold before materializing into golden armour.

Many Gods and Goddesses who had seen Gilgamesh before recognized the armour. The crowd was in awe at how beautiful the woman was.

Gilgamesh smirked sadistically and above the arena appeared a big golden gate with wands and staffs hanging out. Quickly a loud boom was heard from above as lighting strikes appeared going towards Poseidon.

The Gods and Humanity closed their eyes and shut their ears at the suddenly brightness and loud noise. Looking towards the arena they only saw a heavy cloud of dust which blew away quickly making them cover their eyes.

Gilgamesh arm moved to block the strike from Poseidon with the axe. Flying around above the arena, they clashed at each other trying to find their opponents weaknesses.

As Poseidon was about to strike downwards he momentarily froze as a cold feeling washed over, then came the pain.

The crowd watched the clashes in awe as they felt each impact in the air. Then the Gods and Goddesses screamed as their strongest God fell from an attack.

Grunting Poseidon tried to quickly get up, blood dripping from his wounds as he leaned onto his trident.

"Mongrel, your already losing this battle if you couldn't recognise or dodge this weapon" said a frowning Gilgamesh who had changed her weapon into a scythe that was now dripping with blood to the light letting it glint.

"AH OH, THE KING HAS MANAGED TO WOUND LORD POSEIDON BY ATTACKING HIM WITH ANOTHER WEAPON, IT SEEMS LORD POSEIDON HAS NEARLY LOST HIS STRENGTH. WILL THE VICTOR BE CHOSEN HERE OR-" shouted Heimdall who then screamed in pain as a golden spear appeared, spearing him through the shoulder.

"Shut up mongrel." Said Gilgamesh, irritated by the man as Ishtar and the other Sumerian Gods opposed on how she was cheating using that scythe in the battle.

"ENOUGH, a battle is a battle and all abilities are allowed to be used, or is this not stated in ragnarok's rules, you annoying insects." Replied Gilgamesh, her crimson slit eyes glowed, promising them death if they talked again. The Sumerian Gods quickly began to be quiet.

Poseidon could feel his strength leaving as he wouldn't heal, he looked up towards the weapon Gilgamesh held, confused as it was just as scythe, before scowling at being weakened.

"It seems no one recognises this weapon even though this scythe is from the Greek origin," said Gilgamesh, her smooth voice loud throughout the listening crowd. "This is Harpe: The Snake Hunter's Scythe, a divine sword from Greek mythology used by Perseus to kill the Gorgon Medusa. Its real strength is its trait of Refraction of Longevity, which is a divine ability that can nullify a Gods immortality and inflicts wounds that cannot be restored by any methods other than normal healing."

________
(Audience)

The humanity's side muttered about the weapon and how it was a powerful weapon against the Gods. But the Gods and Goddesses were not happy about a weapon used from their own mythology. Zeus started to laugh in amusement before quickly breaking into coughs from the pain wracking in his body.

"What, how did she get a weapon from our myths?" Asked Ares.

"Probably because it is a treasure in the world, and as stated in the legend of Gilgamesh, all treasures in the world belong to her" stated Hermes.

Odin and the other Gods from different mythologies looked thunderous at the thought of their mythology weapons being in Gilgamesh's treasury, as some weapons could harm them.

_______
(Arena)

"You...You fucking piece of shit...! I had it with you!" Shouted Poseidon with great rage as he ignored the pain and lifted his trident for his next attack.

Gilgamesh watched Poseidon's determination to fight against her with a smirk of amusement, "HAHAHAHA!!!, come mongrel show me your worth." Laughed Gilgamesh who held her arms spread wide open, to welcome the next attack by the Sea God.