19

THIRD'S POV

Jungkook stood in front of Joon's desk once more, feeling almost as nervous as he had the first time.

Jimin was standing by his side, showing none of the apprehension Jungkook felt.

"Well." Joon said.

"You look much better than the last time you were here."

Jungkook felt himself flush at that. "I feel better."

"And I'm sorry, about before."

"That wasn't your fault," the omega said, aiming a look at Jimin.

"It wasn't Jimin's either," he spoke up, coming to the alpha's defense.

"No." Joon conceded.

"You were both struggling and that's no surprise."

He gestured them into seats.

"Now that you're feeling better, we should talk about what you might like to do here in the pack."

"I can clean." Jungkook started to say immediately, feeling that pressing need to be useful again.

"Everyone in the pack pitches in with the cleaning, You've done more than your fair share."

"But I was thinking we could find something a little more challenging for you."

Jungkook felt trepidation settling heavily in his stomach. He'd been given 'challenges' before.

"Like what?" he asked, his voice cracking.

"Nothing like what you're thinking." Joon said, leaning forward, a look of concern on his face.

"We try to play to each individual's strengths."

That didn't help.

Jungkook's strengths lay in manipulating alphas into thinking they were bonded to him and keeping them entertained when they were bored or frustrated.

"Jungkook has a flair for figures." Jimin threw in, his hand settling on Jungkook's arm, warm and steady, calming some of Jungkook's internal strife.

"I had." Jungkook stressed.

"When I was younger. A pack doesn't have much use for an omega who's good at math."

"We doesn't restrict opportunities based on whether you're alpha, beta or omega Obviously, certain skills are more suited to certain people but math is not one of those." He sat back in his chair, considering.

"How much schooling have you had?"

Jungkook explained, feeling himself grow more embarrassed.

He'd gone further than omegas in his pack usually did, an indulgence by his grandfather that reflected his favoritism toward Jungkook.

"I'll talk to Andi, He manages the pack's accounts."

"I'd say he'll probably want you to do some college courses, get up to speed on the practical side of things."

"We'll start you off slow and see how you get on." He paused.

"Can you cook?"

"A little."

"Garden?"

"I could learn."

"Any skills fixing cars?"

"Carpentry? Painting?"

He shook his head.

"We'll add you to the cleaning rota and the cooking rota a few times a week, paired with some one to start with."