5

THIRD'S POV

Jimin knew it was too much of a coincidence that the day after he met and bonded to an omega, he was captured by a group that trained fighters.

He had the sense he'd been played but couldn't quite figure out how.

There was no denying the bite on Jungkook's neck that morning.

Unless it hadn't been his bite?

But the thing was, Jimin remembered biting Jungkook so how exactly did that work?

There were a dozen other fighters in the training center.

At first he kept to himself, working out the hierarchy, listening and absorbing what he could.

He learned a lot in his first few days despite how firmly the guards and trainers discouraged conversation between the fighters.

They were still in Big hit pack, Jungkook's pack.

Which meant the whole situation with Jungkook had to have been a setup.

He took a risk, talking to one of the other alphas who he'd seen having an angry confrontation with the trainers.

"That little bitch of an omega."

Jackson groused. "Got me drunk, talked me into bed, then there's this bite mark on him."

"I'd half a mind to wring his neck but he was an omega and that was my bond mark on his skin."

"He convinced me to come talk to his pack, said they were powerful, could set us both up for life. No more scrounging around, risking my life in fights just to put food in my belly."

"It was all a trick."

"I ended up here and that omega was out looking for his next mark. Which was you, I take it?"

Jimin nodded, his hands curling into fists. He knew he'd been played, was still being played.

"How does that work? The bite thing?"

"Hell if I know. Fake hormones making us look compatible?"

There were drugs that could fake compatibility but there were telltale signs from using those and he was familiar with them.

Whatever this was, it was something new.

"I'll ask him when I see him."

Jackson raised an eyebrow.

"Jih promised me I'd get to see Jungkook when I won my first fight, He doesn't know I know the truth just yet. I'm gonna play along for a little while longer."

Jackson grinned. "You looking for a bit more of that sweet omega action?"

"Just some answers."

"You know about the ankle cuff, right? I'm sure that bastard Jih has shown you what it can do?"

"I got the demonstration," he agreed.

He was grateful that Jih hadn't done that with an audience.

It was a good way to make another shifter seem weak and that was the last thing he needed in an environment like this.

"And they told you how it works?"

Jimin snorted. "Any move you make that they don't want you to, it takes you down."

He'd already seen one of the others knocked out when they'd lost their temper and squared up to a trainer.

And he'd felt a warning buzz when he'd got too close to one of the outer walls during training.