Stone Cold; The Kite String Tangle (ft. Tiana Khasi)

"I realize now that I was stone cold, and you had a heart of gold. I saw the words as they were leaving my lips... I wish I could take them back."

--

"Hello?"

"Blessing... We need to talk."

Troye spent the entire night talking with his best friend, gaining some advice from the so-called "love expert."

"Tell him the truth. He can handle it, and it's better than where you're at now."

"But it's not that easy, Bless!" Troye retorted.

"I know, darling, but you'll have to do it eventually. There's no point in shutting him out. You're only going to lose him."

"You're right. Thanks, Bless," the man smiled.

"No problem, darling. I got to go, see you!"

The line went dead, and Troye took a deep breath before dialing the digits he'd been dreading to see for so long.

"Hello?"

".. Tyler, we need to talk."

-

"So, you want to get together with... Connor?"

"I don't mean it in a bad way, I just... I think we just need a break."

There was a slight pause before Tyler replied. "Yeah, I guess. Good luck with the two of you."

"Oh, uh, thanks? I have to go, bye." Troye blushed, then hung up.

Once he was sure that the call had ended, he began sending a text to Connor:

T// wanna hang out later?

C// who paid you to ask?

T// no one. i just want to talk

C// about what

T// us

C// i'll meet you at your flat in twenty

-

A small knock on the door woke Troye up from his nap. "Coming!" He called, scrambling over to open it.

Connor stood warily on the other side, as if he had other things to do. "You called?"

"I did. Come inside," Troye led the other man into the living room, where they both took a seat.

"So.. Why am I here again?"

"You're here because I owe you a massive apology." The younger man stared at the ground.

Connor raised an eyebrow, as if instructing Troye to continue.

"I was being stupid. Tyler... I was wrong about him. He didn't mean to hurt me, but I took it the wrong way. I regret it a lot... but I regret hurting you more." Troye continued to stare at the ground.

"Why?" The green-eyed man's gaze was unwavering.

"Because you mean so much to me," Troye finally met Connor's gaze, fighting back tears.

"Troye.."

"I know you said you loved me, Connor, and I hurt you without realizing it. I'm sorry. I really, truly am, and if I could make it up to you..."

"You can, Troye."

"How?"

Connor pressed his lips to Troye's.

"That's how."

--