Want U Back; Cher Lloyd

"I don't really care; no one else can have you. I want you back."

--

"Thanks for a great night, Troye Boy," Connor gave Troye one last smile.

"It's no problem, Con Bon," Troye beamed. "If you ever need me, text me."

"I will," the man nodded. "See you tomorrow!"

After watching Connor walk inside, Troye happily drove to his flat. He parked his jeep and got out, keys swinging in his hand.

"Troye!"

The sound startled the man, who looked around warily. "Who's there?"

"Me," Tyler said, stepping into the light.

Troye backed away. "What do you want?"

"I know you don't want to see me."

"I don't. Why are you here?"

"To apologize."

"A little late for that, don't you think?" Troye laughed coldly, opening his door and stepping inside. Tyler followed. "What are you doing?"

"So, how's Connor?" Tyler asked, disregarding Troye's question.

"He's okay," the man replied cautiously, "how do you know him?"

"He's a youtuber, how would I not know him?" Tyler scoffed.

"Oh."

"Troye, how long are you going to stall?"

"I'm not stalling. Why are you here?" Troye crossed his arms and sat down on a couch in the living room.

"I want you back. God, I want you back," Tyler said, taking a seat next to Troye, who shifted uncomfortably.

"Why? I thought you were happy with Steele."

"Steele and I were never a thing. He was only picking me up to go to plan some events in the Trevor Project."

"Some events? Why vodka?"

"You know I love vodka. I always get two bottles."

Troye suddenly felt embarrassed. "But Steele's ignoring me. I thought he hated me."

"What the hell are you talking about, Troye? He said that he thought you hated him ever since he had that blackmail picture or something of you. He got really upset when you yelled at him, you know. He was in the Trevor Project because he wanted to show you he supported you."

"So you and him were never..."

"No! Of course not! I've been meaning to talk to you, but I dropped my phone in the swimming pool when I was with Mamrie. I called you, but you never replied."

"Ever heard of voicemail or text? Other forms of communication?"

"Duh, bitch. But I've been too busy with the Trevor Project. You know that."

"Tyler, I'm.. Sorry."

"It's fine. So.."

Troye let out a low whistle. "So.."

"Are we-- can we be a thing again?" Tyler asked with a hopeful expression.

Yes, yes, I want you back, Troye wanted to say. They could leave this place, leave Blessing, go to America, anywhere. Go back to how they were.

But then there was Connor.

"I'll think about it," was all Troye said.

After a long pause, Tyler let out an exasperated sigh. "It's Connor, huh?"

"What?"

"Connor. That guy. He's getting in the way of us."

"No, he's--" Troye stuttered.

"Don't even say it, Troye. I thought I meant something to you."

Tyler glared at Troye, zipping up his jacket.

"You know, the old you was so much better."

--