Coffee; Sylvan Esso

"Get up, get down; sentiment's the same but the pair of feet change."

--

A gentle knock on the door startled Troye. He skidded across the wooden floor and opened it.

"Hi," Connor smiled, pulling the other into a warm embrace.

Troye couldn't deny that he liked it.

Neither could Little Troye.

"Uh, I-- I can explain," Troye started, cheeks already flushed with color.

But Connor only laughed, his eyes crinkling slightly at the corners. "No worries, we've all had our share of awkward encounters."

Troye nodded, trying to make his cheeks go back to normal. Luckily, the cold air made both boys' cheeks look quite red. "Let's go inside, shall we?" Troye asked, not wanting to make anything more awkward than it already was.

Inside, Troye introduced Connor to a creation he called "Hot Nutella." It wasn't much, really--he just scooped spoonfuls of Nutella into some microwaved milk-- but Connor seemed (or maybe acted) astonished nonetheless.

"Honestly, you should be a chef," Connor continued his impressed rambling as he sipped the drink.

"Really? I'd probably burn the kitchen down," Troye laughed, Connor following.

"You know what'd be good? If there was a sprinkle of cinnamon and maybe even a shot of espresso," Troye's guest spoke thoughtfully, staring into his cup of sweet goodness.

"Hey, I have those things in the cupboard. I'll be right back," Troye offered, hurrying into the kitchen, grabbing the two items, and bringing them to Connor. "Here; feel free to try it."

Connor agreed, adding the contents into his cup and stirring. He took a sip and wrinkled his nose. "Ooh, needs some sugar! Do you have sugar and whipped cream?"

Troye felt slightly taken aback by the "whipped cream," but nodded and grabbed those items, handing them to the other boy.

After adding a few more ingredients, Connor took another taste sip and smiled, proud of himself. "Try it!" He held the cup up for Troye to taste.

"You don't mind?" Troye asked, motioning to the spot where Connor's mouth just was. Connor shook his head, gesturing for Troye to try the drink. The younger boy drank some, and he could've sworn it was made by an angel. "Connie Frannie; this is amazing!"

"Seriously? I thought you were going to spit it out for a moment!" Connor gaped.

Troye grinned, an idea popping into his head. "Con da Bon, what brings you here again?"

"Con da Bon? That's new." Connor cleared his throat, then continued talking. "I came here to sightsee, meet new people, and hopefully even make a little money. After all, my family is sort of struggling, and I'm... I don't really know." He shook his head slightly.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I'm not pressuring you." Troye looked up at Connor, their eyes meeting. Troye thought Connor's eyes were absolutely beautiful; it looked like green and blue waves were at a constant battle in his eye, crashing and clashing into each other perfectly.

"Uh, Troye?" Connor asked, biting his lip.

Troye snapped out of his trance, blinking a few times to recollect himself. It was then that he realized how uncomfortably close he was to Connor. "Sorry-- I just, uh.." His eyes traveled down to his legs.

Their knees were touching.

Troye pulled away, immediately regretting the decision. His knees were not only cold, but also missing Connor's presence.

"You were saying?" Connor murmured.

"Right; uh, how would you like to work at Starbucks with me?"

"Sorry?"

"You wanted a job. You could fill in for Blessing."

"I have no coffee experience."

"But you have great taste," Troye countered. "You'd be great."

After a moment of silence, Connor piped, "Does the job mean that we can talk more often?"

"Definitely," Troye smiled.

"When do we start?"

--