Heartbreak Dream; Betty Who

"In a moment, you were everything to me."

--

"Troye?" Steele blinked, clearly not expecting the encounter just as mush as his brother.

"Nice to see you, too." Troye pushed past his brother and whom he thought was his "boyfriend," ignoring the shouts from the pair. He blinked back tears as he hopped in his car and sped away, almost running into a pedestrian.

For some reason, his mind took him back to the talk he had with Connor that special night.

"So, your family lives in Perth, and you live in Sydney with a roommate."

"Yep, that's basically it."

"Why don't you live with your parents?"

"Well, my older brother sort of shut me out. I don't know why, but he did, and we had a couple of arguments. My parents wanted him to leave, but he just wouldn't go, so I decided I would go. I still keep in touch with my family, though. Especially my younger siblings."

"That's sweet," Connor smiled. "And I'm sorry about your older brother."

"It's okay," Troye nodded. "I just wish I knew the reason why he's kept to himself for that long of a period of time."

Now he understood why his brother had done that.

As he opened the door to his flat, he decided to call Connor. Maybe he could help him out.

After two rings, a voice answered. "Troye boy! What's up?"

"Hey! Are you still in Sydney?"

"Yeah! I'm staying for about a month! Why?"

"This might be weird, but... Do you, like, want to come over to my flat? Blessing's out on vacation and I have to manage his shift and everything."

"Okay," Troye could hear a slightly muffled laugh on the other end. "Can you text me the place? I'll get an uber."

"Sounds good," Troye smiled to himself as he hung up. He quickly sent the address to Connor and began tidying up his room. He wanted it to look as presentable as when he first walked into Connor's hotel room.

Not long after he began tidying, he heard the doorbell ring.

"Crap!" Troye exclaimed, stuffed the object he was cleaning under his mattress, and hurried to open the door.

Connor stood at the other end, hair up in a stylish quiff. "So we meet again, Troye boy."

"So we do, Connie Frannie." Troye grinned, somehow forgetting his worries.

The two sat in the living room, channel surfing, talking, laughing, and overall just enjoying each other's company. Not long into the conversation, things started getting more personal to the point where relationship statuses were being asked.

"...and that's why I'm still single," Connor finished. "What about you?"

"Well," Troye bit his lip. "It's kind of a long story. And sudden."

"I've got all day, Troye boy," the other boy nodded kindly. "If you need to let it out, don't hold back."

So Troye took the advice and told him everything, from the being kicked out of the house to the few moments before his phone call to Connor. By the end of his story, Troye was a mess.

Not to mention, he was being a mess all over Connor.

"It's okay, Troye," Connor soothed the young boy, stroking his cheek and wiping the tears from his face. "Look at me."

Troye whimpered, blue eyes staring into Connor's emerald irises.

"You'll be okay. I promise. Tyler, or whoever hurt you, does not deserve you. Understand?"

Troye nodded quietly, once more melting into Connor's warm embrace. And for once, within all the chaos he'd just been through, he felt as if he were in the eye of the storm. Everything felt calm and serene, as if all his troubles never existed.

Needless to say, Troye realized that he was starting to fall.

--