Bless the Telephone; Kellis

"It's nice, the way you say my name--not very fast or slow, just soft and low the same."

--

Troye looked longingly at the taxi driving away. He could've asked Connor to stay for the night, but after the mess he'd just been through, he thought it'd be better not to.

Just as he walked into the flat, he received a text from Connor.

You okay, Troye Boy?

Troye felt his heart speed up. He adored Connor--maybe even cherished him-- for being so considerate, especially after what he'd just been through. Quickly, he typed a reply:

I'm doing okay, thank you :)

Not long after he sent the text, Troye heard his phone ring. He hurriedly went to pick it up, not bothering to check the Caller ID, and answered with a simple "hello?".

"Troye, babe," Tyler's voice pleaded through the phone. "It's not what it looked--"

"I don't want to hear it, Ty." The horrible memories of earlier flooded back into the boy's head once more, and he hung up wearily. That's when he decided to call Connor.

However, instead of pressing call, Troye pressed the FaceTime button.

Connor's sincere face popped up on his screen, frightening the boy.

"Troye! Did I scare you?" The man laughed.

"Yeah! I didn't mean for it to be a video call; sorry!" Troye replied, laughing at his reaction.

"It's fine. So, what's up?"

"Well, I just-- uh, wanted to make sure you got back safely."

"I did! As a matter of fact, I just got home. Are you feeling a bit better?" Connor blinked.

"To be totally honest, no," Troye sighed.

"I'm all ears," Connor took a seat on his couch, an artistic looking piece of furniture that seemed perfect for late night Tumblr scrolling.

Troye took a deep breath and let out everything, from the flashback to the phone call. The only part he left out was his feelings.

Connor nodded thoughtfully, taking in Troye's words with consideration. "Tyler is concerned about you. At least go talk to him."

"I know, but he just... Argh, I still can't believe he would do something like that." A tear ran down the younger boy's cheek.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could be there right now."

"I wish you could, too." Troye sighed.

There was a moment of silence, when Connor suddenly brightened up. "You know what? I will be there. Just give me twenty minutes."

"Are you serious?"

"Of course."

"You can't; it's too late."

"You're the first actual friend I've made in this place, Troye. I'm going; see you in a few!"

The call ended, and Troye was left with his never ending thoughts.

--