Valentine; Pentatonix

"So, will you never be my lover or my valentine?"

--

It took three days for Connor to master the art of coffee making, and Troye knew he'd made the right choice.

It felt like customers flooded in to try the new "exotic" flavors Connor thought of on the spot. (They really were exquisite, in his defense.) Troye knew that if Blessing were by his side, he'd tell him that Connor was meant for him. And that he'd hire him.

Both sounded pretty good to Troye.

"Hey, Tro," Connor walked to the storage room, where Troye was busy writing in a small notebook.

The younger boy looked up and grinned, setting aside his notebook. "Hey, Con. How's it going?"

"Good; I'm on break right now. What were you writing?"

"Oh, just thoughts," Troye shrugged. "Nothing much, actually."

"So.. Like, a journal?"

"Basically."

"That's a good idea; writing thoughts in a journal like that."

"Thanks," Troye chuckled. "Again, nothing much, but I appreciate the thought."

"My pleasure," Connor returned the sentiment, then took a seat down on a box next to the younger boy. "You want to know what I've been up to?"

"Of course, Con," Troye replied.

"Well," Connor said, pulling out his phone, "I've been taking some pictures." He flipped through the breathtaking photos on his camera roll, showing each one to Troye (who was utterly amazed).

"Connor! You could make a living off of this!"

"I don't know, Tro. It's risky."

"It's worth a try."

"You're right. Maybe I will try." Connor looked around, took a breath, then asked, "Do you know the best spots in Sydney to take pictures?"

"The sunsets are nice," Troye nodded.

"Then let's go. You and me. Tonight."

"It's a date, then," Troye was quite surprised, but kept a straight face as he replied to Connor.

"A date?" Connor mused.

"Oh, y'know, it's an expression," Troye tried to shrug it off, but to no avail. Connor eyed him up and down, and finally gave up.

"Right. It's a date," Connor nodded, smirking slightly. He checked his phone, then hopped up. "Gotta get back to my shift. See you tonight, Troye Boy."

"Until then, Connie Frannie."

--