Paper Hearts; Tori Kelly

"Pictures I'm living through for now; trying to remember all the good times."

--

Tyler gripped onto the pictures of him and Troye. What'd he do to deserve this? He'd never tried to mistreat Troye or hurt him in any way.

That is, until now.

-

"Remember the way you made me feel? Such young love, but something in me knew that it was real."

--

"Connor! If Bless sees the fur on the ground, he will freak." Troye gasped, watching his boyfriend play with the small Persian cat. It purred with content, making both Connor and Troye smile.

"He also wouldn't like it if we didn't mess up the bed, but we both knew it was coming sooner or later."

"He warned me about that," Troye winced, recalling the airport drop-off. "Con, c'mon! I need your help editing these lyrics!"

Ever since the two'd gotten together (which'd been three weeks ago-- Connor had extended his Australia visiting time for another month for "reasons," and Blessing had gotten promoted, meaning he'd be out for a little longer as well), Troye had showed Connor what kept him locked in that storage room during his work breaks-- songwriting. Most of the lyrics were inspired by Connor, or his and Connor's adventures together.

"Standing in... Standing in what?" The younger man mumbled. He suddenly saw a blinding flash to his left and heard a camera click. "Agh! Connie Frannie!"

"Oops! Didn't mean to scare you," Connor suppressed a laugh. "Sorry, Troye Boy."

"No, no. It's okay, I'm just so aggravated by these lyrics. I can't get the last part." Troye ran his fingers through his curly hair. Who knew writing songs would be this stressful?

Connor hummed the tune of Troye's unfinished song as he took a seat on the couch. "Hey, Troye, come look at this picture. I don't remember taking it."

"What?" Troye made his way over to the couch, where Connor was seen browsing through pictures on his camera. "Oh, the storm one. I took that when we had that flash thunderstorm and you got all soaked."

"You didn't even get wet!" Connor complained, crossing his arms and pouting like a child. "That was so unfair! It was almost like you were... Like you were standing in the eye of the storm or something. I bet you were."

"What? Say that again?"

"I bet you were?"

"No, before that. What did I stand in?"

"The eye of the storm?"

"YES!" Troye shouted, gleefully jumping off the couch and writing those words down.

"You're welcome!" Connor grinned and resumed flipping through his pictures. After writing down the words, Troye hurried back to the couch and kissed Connor affectionately.

"Thank you so, so much. I love you," the artist smiled, gazing into his significant other's eyes.

"I love you, too," the other man smiled, kissing the bridge of his boyfriend's nose. "Now, get back to work so I can have something to post on Instagram."

--