First Date; Blink-182

"In my car; I just can't wait to pick you up on our very first date."

--

Connor left early from work to get ready for this "date" with Troye. Of course, they'd hung out before, but never like this.

The man paused. What did he mean by that? Was this something special, like an actual date? Connor tried pushing the thoughts to the back of his mind as he tried picking out a nice outfit to wear, when all of a sudden, his phone chimed.

A new text from Troye read:

Hey Con Fran! I'm coming to pick you up in thirty minutes, so see you then! Call me if you need anything :)

Connor smiled and typed a "gotcha, see you!" back to his friend. He then continued to fret about how the date would go.

Of course, he'd been of dates before, but this was... Different. Troye was different.

Not physically, but he made Connor feel different. In a good way.

After a short phone call with his mom and another spot check, Connor paced around the room and waited for the doorbell to ring.

A couple of streets away, in the small coffee shop, Troye added the finishing touches to his outfit. He wanted to keep it simple, to show that he wasn't the type of guy who was too forward on a first date.

Woah, hold it right there, Troye, the curly-haired boy thought to himself. You don't even know if he's into guys! And who said anything about a date?

"I did," Troye muttered to the voice in his head.

Shaking the provoking thoughts away, he hopped in his car and drove to Connor's hotel.

-

"Connor, you can do this. Just say, 'Hello, Troye.' No, that's too formal. What about, 'Sup, Troye Boy?' No, definitely not- he's not that type of person. He's- oh my god, he's here."

Connor ran to the door, opening it in one swift motion.

And there, standing on the other side, was a man with a sour expression on his face.

No, not Troye.

Tyler.

--