Blood Stutter; Handsome Ghost

"A torn t-shirt, warm evening; a dark secret, you can't keep it."

--

"Uh, hi," Connor started awkwardly, giving Tyler a strange look.

"Is Troye here?" Tyler asked, disregarding the other man's greeting.

"Sorry, but who are you again?"

"Tyler," the man nodded curtly, then continued to peer into Connor's hotel room. "You're Connor, right?"

"Troye's not here," Connor replied. "Yeah, I'm Connor. How do you know all this?"

"Long story," Tyler said, finally turning to face Connor properly. "Well, if you see him, can you please tell him to call me or something?"

Connor bit his lip, trying to refrain himself from saying, "he doesn't need to call you after what you did." He nodded silently.

Without another word, Tyler was out of Connor's way and headed down the elevator.

Still somewhat confused, Connor pulled out his phone. On it were five missed messages and one missed call from Troye.

Con Fran! Stuck in traffic! Sorry, I'll text you when I get there x

Hey, Con! I'm parked outside the hotel, can you come out?

Con! Where are you? I just called you but you didn't answer, so I left a voicemail :/ reply asap!

just saw my ex, tyler... not in my car rn if you are looking for me

con, can you please call? I'm going to get a parking ticket if I stay here any longer.

The last message was sent five minutes ago.

Connor cursed under his breath, furious that he'd put his phone on silent. He quickly dialed Troye's number, praying that he hadn't left. After two rings, the boy picked up with a small "hello?"

"Troye! I'm so sorry for not replying..."

"Don't worry about it," Troye said softly. "I haven't left, so if you want to come down now, we can still make it before sundown."

"Alright, I'm going right now," Connor nodded, shutting his door and jamming his thumb into the elevator button. When the slow-moving elevator refused to budge, he took the stairs instead, going two at a time and striding down with ease. He pushed past the shiny doors of the hotel and saw a black jeep parked outside. Inside the jeep sat Connor's "date," Troye.

Oh, God, what was I going to say? Hello? Sup? Connor fretted as he slowly approached the vehicle. Troye caught sight of the other man as he rounded the corner of the jeep and opened the unlocked passenger door.

"Hey," Connor smiled, breathless.

Troye found himself suddenly out of breath as well. "Hey." He paused, then put his key into the ignition and placed his free hand where the cup holders were. "Shall we get going?"

"Yeah," Connor replied, gently setting his hand on top of Troye's. "Let's go have fun."

--