Chapter 19

Mia's POV

I woke up feeling agonizing pain. But I also felt Danielle holding my hand. 

"Hey, baby." Danielle said. "How are you feeling?" 

"Hurts." I said quietly. 

"I know, sweetheart." She said. The doctor came in and gave me some medicine, which helped a little, but not much.

"I want my bunny." I said, knowing that my bunny and snuggles were the only things that could make me feel better, and I couldn't have snuggles so I needed my bunny.

"Here you go bambina. Bunny got some nice Dani cuddles while you were asleep." Stefania said, putting my bunny in my arms. 

"Mia, baby, we need to talk about something." Danielle said.

"What?" I asked. "Are my dad and Katherine dead? I tried calling to them before Jaina came but they wouldn't answer." I cried. 

"Sweetie I am sorry." Danielle said as I began to cry more. I don't even know why I was sad, they were mean people. They hit me. They got drunk, and high, and careless. They forgot about me for hours after they were passed out on the couch. They spent all of their money on alcohol and drugs that they didn't have enough for food. But that was my dad. My dad who used to play with me, give me hugs and kisses. And Katherine was nice at first, she would paint my nails, help me get ready for my dance competetions, always being my number one cheerleader. Until the one year anniversary of my mom's death. But I still lost those nice parents who actually cared about me at one point.

"So what's going to happen to me?" I asked, wiping my tears as I winced in pain. 

"Well, you are going to stay with me. Before your dad died, he got everything figured out so you could be with me. Forever." Danielle said, stroking my hair.

"Forever?" I asked. Danielle nodded in response and I slightly sat up to hug her, ignoring the pain.

"A few people from the cast are wondering when you will be up for visitors. Visiting hours are over for today but tomorrow a few people can come if you are up for it." Danielle said.

"Ok. Can I facetime a few people? I want to say hi." I asked. 

"Of course baby." Danielle said, grabbing her phone out. "Who first? I think most people are still on set tonight." 

"Jaina maybe. She was the one who found me." I suggested. Danielle clicked on Jaina's contact, facetiming her. 

"Hey Dani. How is everything?" Jaina asked as she answered the call from her trailer.

"It's ok. But there is someone who wants to talk to you." Danielle said, handing the phone to me.

"Mija! I am so glad you are ok. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug right now." Jaina said. I saw someone run into the screen and gasp.

"Is that Mia?" Barrett asked excitedly. "Hey kiddo!" 

"Hi!" I said. "Can you come visit tomorrow? I want to see you guys."

"Of course." Jaina said, Barrett nodding along. We chatted for a bit, but then hung up to call a few more people. After a couple calls, I was exhausted, my body fighting the sleep. 

"You can go to sleep baby. I'll be right here the whole time." Danielle said, running her hands through my hair.

"You promise?" I asked, so quietly I don't know if she could even hear me.

"I promise. And if I'm not sitting in this chair, I will be right in that bed. I'm not going anywhere." Danielle assured. I laid for a little while longer, still holding Danielle's hand and my bunny, but eventually I fell asleep. 

Note

Sorry this chapter is kind of short. I hope you guys are enjoying this story and please remember to comment and vote.

How would you feel if I did a small time jump until Mia leaves the hospital? I don't really have any interesting plans for her in the hospital but I could come up with things if you want me to just continue on with no jumps. 

Also, thank you so much for 13k reads! That is insane!

And feel free to leave suggestions for upcoming chapters in the comments and I may incorperate that into the story.