Chapter 20

Mia's POV

It had been just over a week in the hospital, and I finally got to go home. Well, to Danielle's home. I guess my home too. Over the week I had a lot of time to process everything that had happened. I cried. A lot. But Dani stayed with me the whole time, and Stefania stayed a lot too. Everyone from the cast visited at least once, and most of the crew as well. Except Janai. Kids aren't allowed to come and visit in the hospital, so Janai and her parents were going to be the first to visit once we got home. I still had to have the boot on my foot for when I am walking, but when I slept I could take it off. "Ok, I think I have everything packed up, and then we can go home." Danielle said. The doctor came in the room with the discharge papers and I stayed in bed while they got that done. 

"The parking lot is pretty far so I don't want Mia walking there, and she's been in the hospital for a bit, so she should either take a wheelchair to the car or you can carry her if you would like to." The doctor said. Danielle looked at me, asking if I wanted the wheelchair or for her to carry me, holding up a 1 when she said wheelchair and a 2 when she said carry. Dani knew that I was shy and quiet at the hospital so I didn't really talk to any of the doctors much, we mainly communicated with holding up numbers or me whispering to Danielle and her telling the doctor what I said. I held up a number 2. I needed to feel close to her. I needed to feel safe. The doctor left, saying that we could leave whenever we were ready to. 

"Barrett is going to come pick us up, and I can sit in the back of the car with you if you want to." Danielle said. I nodded, not feeling in the mood to talk, even just to Danielle. Barrett came into the room a few minutes later and her and Danielle decided that she would carry the bags, and Danielle would carry me. I kept my bunny out of the bags so that I could hold it the whole time. Danielle gently picked me up and I laid my head on her shoulder. We walked to the car, me clinging to Danielle the whole time, never loosening my grip. Once we got to Barrett's car, she got into the front and Danielle got into the back right next to me. She buckled us both in and I laid my head back onto her shoulder. I kept a tight hold on my bunny, and the fabric of Danielle's shirt. I couldn't let go. If I would let go, she would go away. Everything good in my life has gone away. I couldn't let Danielle go away too. 

Danielle's POV

I could tell Mia was so tense: her little fingers gripping onto my shirt, her muscles not relaxing, seeming like she was trying to hide herself behind me even in the car. I kept a tight hold on her until we arrived home. Once we got home, I carried Mia inside and Barrett took the bags again. Barrett, Jaina, Jason, Jay, and Stefania helped make Mia's room feel more like home and they moved all of her old things into her new room. "Do you want to get some pajamas on so you can just relax in bed?" I asked Mia. She nodded into my shoulder. "Do you want to stay in my room or yours?" I asked her. 

"Yours." Mia whispered. I took her into her room to get some pajamas on, and she wanted me to help so I did. Then I brought her into my room and tucked her into bed with a new special blanket that I got for her. "Can Janai come over?" Mia asked quietly.

"Of course sweetie. I can text her mom and see if they can. Barrett said she can unpack the hospital bags so I can stay with you, so they can come over anytime they are available." I said. I took out my phone and texted Janai's mom to see if they would like to visit, and of course they said yes. She said that Janai has been begging to see Mia ever since she got in the hospital. I laid down in bed with Mia until Janai and her mom got here. When the doorbell rang, I got up, but Mia grabbed onto me. 

"I'm just going to let Janai and her mom in. I'll be right back." I said.

"Promise?" Mia asked.

"I promise baby." I said, going to get the door. 

"Dani!" Janai squeeled as she jumped into my arms and I lifted her up.

"Hi Janai! Mia is very excited to see you. But you have to be very gentle, ok? She is still hurt, but I am sure she would love some Janai cuddles." I told Janai.

"Ok. I be gentle." Janai said.

"You promise?" I asked, tickling her.

"I promise! I promise!" She giggled. I brought her to my room, which Mia was using for now. 

"Mia, look who's here." I said. 

"Hi Janai." Mia said, smiling. 

"Mia!" Janai squeeled. 

"Gentle." I whispered to Janai, before putting her down. She went right over to the bed.

"I come up?" She asked Mia. 

"You can come up." Mia said, helping Janai get onto the bed. Mia pulled the covers over Janai too, and the snuggled up, talking about the silliest things. I left the room to go and talk to Janai's mom and let the girls have some time alone. 

"How is Mia doing?" Janai's mom asked.

"Physically, I think ok. She hasn't been complaining too much as long as she gets her pain meds. But mentally, not great. She cries if I try to leave even for just a minute. She has hardly been talking to anyone, and she didn't talk to the doctors at all." I said. 

"I am so glad she is doing better physically, but it is so sad to hear how she's been. Have you thought about finding a therapist?" 

"I probably will once she is all healed. But definitely. I think she would benefit from therapy a lot." I said. We talked for a while, and about 45 minutes later we went to check on Mia and Janai. When I walked in my heart melted. Janai was curled up into Mia's side, and Mia was hugging Janai, both of them asleep, so calm, so peaceful.

Note

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please comment and vote. Also I completely forgot about Ford so let's just pretend that someone took care of him while Mia was in the hospital. Also, I haven't been writing as much because I really need to focus on school but I have still been trying to wirte and post as much as I can.