Josuke《Late-night talks》

Requested by: Josuke's girlfriend (me)

This has no plot at all but I love Josuke and wanted to write about him again. it's also really cheesy.

~~~~

I stirred some sugar into my tea, watching it dissolve in the dark liquid. Yukako sat opposite to me, drinking something that looked unappetizing.

"So, Yukako, the thing I had to tell you..." She looked up from her cup as I spoke.

"Oh right, that's why we're here. What's going on?"

"Well... Today in class, I was talking to some girls who like Josuke, and- Yukako are you listening?" She was staring off into the distance, seemingly lost in thought. "Yukako?!"

"Hm? Yeah, yeah I'm listening..."

"Okay... Well we were talking, and they said there's a rumor going around. Apparently Josuke has a crush. Yukako?" She was staring off again.

"Hey, do you think Koichi will be here soon?"

"Uhm, why would he? Wasn't this just supposed to be us hanging out?"

"Yeah... But I told him to come here after school."

"Oh... I see. Well, uhm... As I was saying... I know I'm not one of his fangirls, but do you think I could be Josuk-"

"KOICHI! OVER HERE!" Yukako waved at Koichi who slowly approached us from the direction the school was. The Café we were at was small, quiet and rarely had customers except for us. It was our regular meeting point, but I really wanted to talk to Yukako on my own today...

"Hey Yukako! Hi Y/N. Is it okay if I sit here?"

"Not rea-"

"YES! Koichi-kun, I've missed you so much!" Yukako pulled out a chair and handed her drink to Koichi. "Here! Have some!"

"O-Oh, thank you!" They were high school sweethearts, for sure. I envied their relationship and the feelings they shared for each other. I often wondered if I'd ever find something like this, like the love they had.

"Hey, Koichi, have you seen Josuke today?" I asked, but neither of them listened. They were busy with staring at each other. Do they ever... blink?

I finished my tea as quickly as possible. It was still pretty hot, so I burned the tip of my tongue. I placed my school bag on my shoulder and got up from the chair, finally gaining their attention.

"Y/N? You're leaving?" Koichi asked in a concerned tone. His hands rested on Yukako's, who still hadn't taken her eyes off of him.

"Yeah... I'll see you tomorrow." I turned around and bumped right into someone's chest. I stumbled backwards a bit before regaining my balance and looking up. "S-Sorry! Oh, Josuke."

"Hey, were you just leaving?" He looked surprised, and I felt my cheeks burn as our eyes had met. His hands remained in the air. It seemed like he was prepared to catch me if I would have fallen.

"Yeah, uh... I just wanna go home, actually." I gave him a half-sided smile, which he didn't return. He put his hands in his pockets, watching as I walked past him to head back to my house.

~~~

I had finished all my chores, made dinner and taken a shower. My parents weren't home for the week, so I had the house all to myself. I felt so lucky about that! It felt kind off nice to be alone for a while, not really bothering with everyone else. It kind of hurt when no one listened to me, like Yukako did today... So I guess I'd rather just hang out at home.