Chapter 6 - Damons blood in a cup

Elena's Pov:
Elena slumped onto the nearest couch in the boarding house. Watching the 4 bags that she had just heaved through the door sitting on the ground. Exhaustion surged through her body as she vowed to never go shopping with Caroline again. Kicking off her shoes she perked her ears listening for any indication that the Salvatore brothers were home. Nothing. Shopping with Caroline had been a whole day event and Elena had found herself drawn to every humans neck they had passed. Sighing deeply she mentally congratulated herself on doing the bare minimum and staying away from human blood. Although now Elena was hungry, very hungry. Looking towards the door a small smile curled onto her lips, and no matter how hard she tried to  hide it, the thought of drinking Damon Salvatore's blood sent her stomach into a butterflied mass and her heart beating with anticipation.

Damon's POV:
Damon parked his car in the drive way and vamp speeded to the Boarding house. His shirt was soaked in blood and even though the wound had healed he didn't want Elena to see him like this. Charging through the front door he wasn't looking where he was going and crashed straight into Elena. Cursing he stumbled backwards into an old cupboard.
"Sorry, I didn't expect anyone to be home, I'm surprised blondie let you come back so early". Damon forced his eyes to look anywhere other than at Elena's, he was embarrassed by the state of his shirt, it showed weakness. Damon wasn't weak, and Damon definitely didn't need Elena thinking he was weak. That night when she'd almost sucked him dry had been one of the most thrilling and horrifyingly embarrassing nights of his life.

Lost in thought Damon wasn't focusing on his eyes and before he could stop them they had brought themselves to Elena's face. His heart dropped. Her face was frozen in terror, her mouth open in an o and her eyes wet with suppressed tears. Every inch of his being wanted to suffocate her in an embrace and kiss that terrified look off her face. But he didn't. Elena had chosen Stefan, and Damon couldn't show he cared. That would make him weak and vulnerable. Deep down Damon wanted to show Elena he was capable of changing into a better person. That he could become worthy of her love. But she'd broken his heart again, and now was stringing him along with the blood sharing. No. That wasn't true, she needed him to survive. She depended on him. And right now those moments of pleasure would be enough for Damon.

Elena was still frozen in her state of shock like a statue. Cautiously walking towards her Damon forced a smug smile on his face. "I know it looks bad princess, but I promise I'm ok". Slowly Elena closed her mouth and nodded her head slightly, indicating him to continue. "Me and Stefan found the Vampire Hunters trailer in a forest clearing. You know me I'm spontaneous, I decided to barge in without a second thought and got hit by a vervain arrow that's string lead to a trap". Damon paused eyeing Elena carefully, she was looking at him with a sick look in her eyes. Sighing he continued. "It was smart of you to tell me to bring my little brother otherwise I would still be there or dead" he flashed a brilliant smile at her trying to lighten the mood. "Bad news is we didn't find anything. So basically all my delicious blood got wasted". He winked at Elena a pleasurable feeling building up inside of him. This seemed to bring Elena back from her state of shock as she stared at him with anger in her eyes. "I'm just glad you and Stefan hadn't gotten into a battle you lost, you coming back looking like that, without Stefan really scared me". With that she stood up and heaved four very heavy looking bags with her upstairs. Damon would've helped her but he was hurt by her words. Her reaction when she'd seen him come through the door, wasn't because she was worried about him, but because she thought something had happened to Stefan. She was more worried about his pyney little brother than him. Stefan didn't even have a scratch on him and here Damon was his shirt representing the horror show he'd faced earlier and Elena didn't seem to care. As the thought crossed his mind, Elena made her way downstairs taking her time and not looking at Damon. He barely noticed. How could she care more about someone who'd taken off instantly compared to Damon? Stefan hadn't even bothered to come home and see Elena, instead he'd gone to help Caroline move some storage box's out of her house.