Chapter 47 But I Lied (rewritten)

I am too insane to explain and you are
too normal to understand.
______________________________________
Antonio Romano

"Fuck," I grunted under my breath as I let my head drop onto the dark green marble wall. The chilly stream that flowed down my back did its best to wake me up, even though it felt like it was futile.

I seriously had no desire or energy to deal with Leah today. I merely wanted to go through my plan with the guys and begin to prepare for war.

I turned off the stream and stepped out. Wrapping a towel around my waist, I checked some emails and texts. Today I was only going to work from home, so I put on a white t-shirt and some grey sweatpants. The clock hit 12 P.M when I ambled into the vacant adjoining kitchen. The guys were probably in the conference room that we didn't use much, but since Olivia and Vittoria were here, we had no choice but to utilising it.

Speaking of them, where are they? They were probably sitting in some corner playing the game 'Who Resents Antonio The Most?' Which I was fine by. As long as they were not disturbing me, they could do whatever they fucking wanted as long as they did not leave the premises. With that thought, I devoured some pre-prepared breakfast and headed to the conference room.

"C'mon man, concentrate," Collin snapped at Colt. They all sat on the two black leather sofas, Noah with his laptop and the rest with paperwork. The space was a bit dark, hence all the dark furniture, but the immense window with a snowy forest view provided with some necessary light.

The door closing behind me brought their inquisitiveness to me.

"Today we will set motion to the plan." My voice demanded their attention as I sat down on the leather couch.

"Noah, get access to the surveillance cameras outside his house. And if he's dumb enough to have cameras inside, get access to those too. The rest of you, we will get all the equipment we'll need. Diego and Colt, you two will gather as many men as we need, tell them their task and equip them with weapons, ammunition and vests, you know the drill. Theo and Collin, get a few men to check out his premises. I don't want any surprises." Noah got to work as the others discarded the paperwork on the table and did the same. Diego gave orders to Colt and made his way to me with some documents in his hands.

"Here, it's about the Grand Hotel." I was flipping through the documents when I noticed Diego was still standing there, staring at me with his unsure brown eyes. By now, I knew that expression very well.

"Spit it out," I grumbled, continuing to flip through the pages.

"What're you going to do?"

"Get information before everything goes down."

He exhaled a spent sigh. "How do you even know she has the information? For all I know, you could have killed the information simultaneously as you recklessly murdered her father." At that, I stopped looking at the documents; instead, I put them on the table and gazed at him. Now that he had my attention, he sat down and continued.

"The only reason he married her mother was because of the information and, with some luck and force, to get the USB." Didn't he know that I knew that tale already? 

"We've already established that if he had the information, he'd have got access to the flash drive a long time before we stole it." I got up and ambled to the window.