Chapter 2 Same Story, Different Characters (rewritten)

You don't know me,
you only know what I allow you to know.
____________________________________________________________________________
Olivia Brown

I was standing in front of my closet, trying to figure out what I should wear to the club. I usually just wore a black, tight dress that stopped at my thighs. But today I settled for something else. A red dress that looked good with my dark, wavy hair and some black heels.

I didn't wear much makeup because somehow my face just felt so dry when I used it. But since I knew what kind of girls these sleazy men liked, I had to put on some.

"Are you ready? We have to go now, come on." I heard my big brother say impatiently through my bedroom door. 

"I'm coming, take a chill pill. Jeez," I chuckled.

When I exited my room, I saw my brother who got all the tall genes, leaving me with 5'3 while he was 6'1 feet. I was still mad about that. I had to give up my dream of becoming a supermodel because of that.

My subconscious rolled her eyes at my sarcasm.

Stop it, it's funny. I answered back.

At least he had the same boring dark hair and brown eyes like me. 

A good thing he had going on was that he was strong, so he could protect me, that was only fair since he could be a supermodel.

No genes played any role there, though. He got those muscles from being forced by Mateo to train since he was ten years old.

I headed to the front door with Alexander hot on my heels, muttering something about how annoying I was.

That kind of hurt my feelings.

Why am I so sarcastic all the time?

I climbed into his old, black car.

"Who is this poor guy that I have to bait this time? And don't say it is Donald Trump because he has a too big of a butt for my liking," I said, trying not to laugh with a straight face.

"Haha, you're so funny. And this guy's name is Ben Gonzales. You have to take this seriously Via, no joke," he said, looking over his shoulder with a frown. 

I hadn't heard him say my nickname in a long time, which was weird. I didn't know why he had been so on the edge and uptight lately, he didn't joke any more or even acknowledged my presence.

I just knew something was up.

I couldn't get lost in my thoughts in order to figure it out since we arrived at the club.

The club didn't look like the clubs I had worked at before from the outside. As I walked inside, I smelled marijuana and other drugs. The club was warm, different colours of light lit up the dark place. The warmth, the drug smell, the music and the lights hypnotized you, made you dizzy and sleepy.

This club is not a normal club, this club is a freaking strip club!

I never had a mission in a strip club. This mission was going to be difficult since there were practically naked strippers. How the fuck was I supposed to get the Ben guy's attention now?