Chapter 38 I've Lost My Mind (rewritten)

I call her the devil because she makes me want to sin.
And every time she knocks, I can't help but let her in.

_______________________________________________
Antonio Romano

The drive to the restaurant was short and silent. Olivia used to be relaxed and have a smile on her face, but not this time. She was tensed with a frown on her face, biting her lower lip.

"Hey?" I carefully put my hand on hers. She gazed down at our hands, then up at my face.

"I—" She mumbled out unsurely before she got interrupted by the driver.

"We are here, sir."

I silently cursed him under my breath. We got out of the vehicle. I put a hand on her back, led her into the restaurant.

The restaurant had a vintage look, both inside and outside. The soft light went great with the rustic look and the dark furniture. We made our way to a booth and sat in front of each other.

"Cosa posso servirvi, signore?" The waiter asked politely. Leah questioningly glanced at the waiter.

"What do you want?" I explained. Olivia gazed down at the menu in her hands.

"Pizza."

"I will have the same." Though, I wasn't hungry, I had lunch earlier. 

"Drinks?" The waiter said in his broken English.

"Water, thanks." Leah offered a little smile.

"And I'll have your finest whiskey." I dismissed the waiter. He left with our menus in his hands. Olivia watched him walk away, then gazed at me with her brown eyes.

"Soo, why did you take me out?" she asked sheepishly.

"What? I'm not allowed to take out the woman I'm fucking for a date?" I smirked. Leah's face got clouded with sadness, she rolled her lips into her mouth. Leaning back in her seat, she gazed away. Away from me.

What did I say wrong? Why the sulk? Is it the 'fucking' thing?

"Leah, look at me." She still kept looking away.

"Olivia, look at me," I demanded her with a firm voice. She finally looked at me with her blank eyes.

"I wanted to take you out on a date because..."

What should I say? Because I love fucking you? Because I love how your tight pussy swallows my cock? Or because you're on my damn mind 24/7? Or that I'm intrigued by you? How you've been through hell but still believe in fairy tales, still believe in hope, still believe in this fucked-up world.

"Because I wanted to get to know you better." I settled down for. She smiled a little smile, but her features were still clouded with sadness, and was that... disappointment? I didn't understand this woman.

"Olivia Brown, will you be my date for this evening?" I asked her properly with a cheeky smirk, remembering that I hadn't asked her before. Perhaps, considering that wasn't my intention, she just thought it was, and I let her.

"Yes," she answered as our drinks and food arrived.

Olivia Brown, what I am willing to do for you. It's ridiculous. I'm ridiculous.

I have never used that fucking word before, it sounds foreign in my mind.

I have lost my mind.

Olivia Brown, you're on my damn mind. It confuses the hell out of me.

Olivia Brown.

Olivia Brown.