Chapter 30 Anton (rewritten)

How can emptiness be so heavy?
__________________________________
Olivia Brown

The drive was scary. Antonio was driving so fast, it was terrifying. His jaw was clenched as he stared at the road.

"I'm going to leave you at the house, then drive to our building. And when you're at home, lock all the doors. And the guards are there as well—to protect you," he said without moving his gaze from the road.

The hell with that.

"No. I want to help, so stop treating me like a little girl," I said, gazing at him angrily.

"And if you're going to say I'm too weak, I'm going to jump out of this car. I'm so fucking tired of hearing that. Use me, I can do something, I—" I was going to continue my speech, but he interrupted me.

"Okay, okay, fuck, fine, just be quiet," he growled, his grip around the steering wheel tightening, his knuckles turning white. He drove into an underground car park; I believe the building above was his. We got out of the vehicle and got into a lift.

Antonio was leaning against the wall with both of his hands in his pockets, he had a scowl on his face. He was wearing a dark blue suit with a white shirt. He was hot, all angry and upset.

It was funny that he was so upset regarding something that had happened with the mafia. I didn't know why, perhaps because I never cared about the underworld or anything mob related. Also, when I didn't care and laughed it off, Mateo got so mad. He yelled at me anything that would come out of his mouth. And I would just stay in front of him with a smile on my face, like I was some psychopath. I loved when things went bad for him. That thought made me chuckle.

"What're you laughing at?" Antonio snapped at me. I just kept smiling, wondering what he would do. He could hit me all he wanted; I couldn't even feel pain anymore.

"You think this is funny?" he glared at me as he came closer. I licked my lips and nodded with a smirk. I had gone completely psycho. Antonio pinned me against the wall, one hand over my head, the other on my throat, his warm breath on my neck.

"Olivia, do you want to collect more bruises on your body? Is that what you want?" he whispered in my ear with a husky tone. Suddenly, my throat felt like sandpaper, I gulped and licked my lips. I tried to answer, yet no sound came out my mouth.

"Baby, is that what you want?" He slightly bit my earlobe and kissed my neck slowly. His minty breath on my lips was intoxicating.

His lips brushed mine. "Answer me," he demanded, squeezing my throat. I exhaled a shaky breath. I didn't know what to answer, I didn't even understand what he meant. Fortunately, I didn't need to answer him since the lift door opened up on our floor. Antonio released me and went out of the lift. I took a deep breath, then headed after him.

A lot of people were walking around with paper in their hands. It seemed like mostly men worked here. I followed Antonio to a room full of men. It brought back memories of when I accompanied him to a meeting. But this wasn't a formal meeting like that one. In this one, Antonio was standing up and shouting orders at all the men. They just nodded and said, "On it, sir.". The whole time, I was just standing in the corner, watching him. When he was done, he took a deep breath. I still wondered what I could do to help, however, he didn't give me any orders. I was kind of scared to ask him, he had this look on his face that you just feared. You didn't know what he was capable of, and you didn't dare to defy him. Yet, I always did somehow. Everyone feared him, it wasn't just me.